Author Topic: Setianism: C.G Jung and the principle of individuation  (Read 384 times)

Elric44

Setianism: C.G Jung and the principle of individuation
« on: August 28, 2019, 03:32:46 pm »
I don't know if there are already essays about the correlation between setianism and Jungian Psychology, I'm really willing to read if my brothers of the OS can send some links.

Long before my involvement with the LHP and the Setianism in general. I have read tens of C.G Jung's books. And his principle of individuation has caught my curious mind. In Jungian psychology, also called analytical psychology, individuation is "the process where the individual self develops out of an undifferentiated unconscious – seen as a developmental psychic process during which innate elements of personality, the components of the immature psyche, and the experiences of the person's life become, if the process is more or less successful, integrated over time into a well-functioning whole." Other psychoanalytic theorists describe it as the stage where an individual transcends group attachment and narcissistic self-absorption.

In my opinion, this is what Setianism is all about.

Xepera-maSet

Re: Setianism: C.G Jung and the principle of individuation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 08:49:58 pm »
Jung is huge in the LHP for sure, and I think Maslow took a lot from him. Maslow's hierarchy is the perfect tool for comprehending self actualization and individuation, and they really prove that humans are happiest as accomplished, supported, UNIQUE individuals. There's an essay on Maslow's hierarchy in the Order's Black Magic 101.