Author Topic: Immortality after death  (Read 506 times)

Sutekh

Immortality after death
« on: May 27, 2019, 05:51:46 pm »
Once when the Immortal soul is guided by your consciousness, and you enter into your SU, would it be possible to also reincarnate yourself back to the OU sometime after?

Wanna hear your guy's opinions on this.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera-maSet

Re: Immortality after death
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:20:07 pm »
I think so. Maybe we do so to be able to bring more into our subjective universe.

Mindmaster

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:33:14 pm »
Once when the Immortal soul is guided by your consciousness, and you enter into your SU, would it be possible to also reincarnate yourself back to the OU sometime after?

Well, it's going to sound like an opinion, but based on my exploration of this area.... Never mind the  SU/OU dilemma (hint: there is no difference, the "SU" is part of the "OU").

While I am not sure what mechanism is involved (as I simply do not have the information) people are generally always going through the birth-death-rebirth cycle. The part I don't get is "who acts on the decision" to come back and makes it happen, but I know generally the individual (well, I use this word really loosely, there is no such thing... but it's a necessary convenience) consults with other "souls" or "spirits" whom are important in their life, then they decide to get back on the horse for awhile and go for another ride. These "soul families" (for lack of a better idea) sort of stick together and live in proximity to one another through various rebirths, some stay on the other side assisting the living ones watching over them and protecting them. Those folks are pretty easy to spot in your life "they just click" and never give you any reason to doubt them... A lot of times they will become spouses as well, since they are connected in the most deepest sense. :D It's perhaps better to envision a "soul" as a shard of a larger whole that has autonomy, its brother and sister spirits (they have no sex, they even switch sexes in various lives.. :D perhaps a bad comparison) might be living or dead but they're never far away since they're literally part of one another.

This information is pretty difficult to glean and requires a lot of work with deities and demons whom function as psychopomps -- ultimately it's up to them to share that information to you, and they may not want to. Without that assistance, you really can't break the "mortal/spirit" barrier in any meaningful way to make heads or tails of it and are just guessing. But, if you have the inclination to really know about it and you feel a strong pull toward that sort of information it's there. I don't find myself special because I've had the experiences of that knowledge -- I think any person with a pure and honest intent and enough gumption can figure it out themselves.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:40:53 pm by Mindmaster »

Etu Malku

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 12:06:04 am »
I don't see why not (incarnate back into the OU). I believe our SU and Greater Self is clearly separate from the OU, in fact, I believe the entirety of the OU is nothing more than an illusion or hallucination created by our SU.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 01:19:47 pm »
I don't see why not (incarnate back into the OU). I believe our SU and Greater Self is clearly separate from the OU, in fact, I believe the entirety of the OU is nothing more than an illusion or hallucination created by our SU.

Are they separate, or does one create the other?

Etu Malku

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 10:04:28 pm »

Are they separate, or does one create the other?
1. Objective Universe (OU): Things are as they "are." Time, space, matter, energy, etc.

2. Subjective Universe (SU): Our unique personal perspective and experience of the OU. What we interpret and perceive it as.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

idgo

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 11:54:55 pm »
I observe the way that deceased peoples' patterns, thoughts, and deeds impact the SUs of the living who survive them. This appears to set a lower bound on how much of the "self" persists after the body's demise.

As to an upper bound of "continuing to exist as oneself after the death of the body", well, such a proof would rely on proof that the "self" or "soul" exists prior to death. I can state that I have the experience of having a self, but then so can my computer, and I'd wager you'd believe me far more than you'd believe it if you heard both claims.

Frankly, I'm not sure where others get the fixation on taking the entire subjectively experienced self immutably into some afterlife. Whenever I try to construct a proof that I'm more "alive" than a plant or a sophisticated calculator, it seems to come back to my capacity to change my "self". Any process by which that change stopped would be the demise of that spark that I infer makes me "me", and all definitions of immortality that I've encountered include a caveat about stopping that change.

In other words, if I-tomorrow was exactly the same as I-today, I would consider that a serious problem. And immortality seems to be defined as a system to ensure that I-millennia-hence am exactly recognizable as being the same as I-now am.

Sutekh

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:10 pm »
I think so. Maybe we do so to be able to bring more into our subjective universe.

Can you please elaborate on that?
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 10:05:57 pm »

Can you please elaborate on that?

For instance, maybe I was already in a self created afterlife with godlike status. Maybe I was there 10,000,000 years and got bored, coming here to meet new people to bring into that realm when I die again. Maybe as a timeless being I saw how happy I'd be with this life's significant other and so incarnated in a place and time to meet her.

Km Anu

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 11:15:16 am »

I believe that life beyond death and before death is difficult to explain with the language we use. Some collection of ideals gleaned in life and presented or absorbed into the SU  could be limited in number and configuration. I can't imagine that every possibility within the OU would just be left unexplored after death. The burning curiosity of humanity wouldn't let us completely abandon the OU, and if whatever you become after death is transformative, it would eventually seek out these new material experiences