Author Topic: Black Studio  (Read 48 times)

Km Anu

Black Studio
« on: August 12, 2019, 01:03:32 am »
Hello everyone!

Taking a break to pursue some occult creative pursuits. While my focus is in this direction I am taking on more and more collaborative projects, and thought the forum and its members could benifit from a thread used to develop artistic concepts. Here I am talking about graphics specifically, but it can be applied to anything!

Keep in mind this is not for personal requests, i.e "draw me an avatar," but for people to collaborate and provide their creative insights to projects.

Below you will find some of my concepts, resting for want of inspiration. Feel free to post your own, edit and re-post them here, or ask questions. If you know of symbols that would provide benefit, say something!

One last rule, art created here is free for use by anyone anywhere. By posting it here you understand and respect that rule. Origional artwork only.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:46:34 am by Km Anu »

Km Anu

Re: Black Studio
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 01:10:07 am »
If you've peeked at my journal on the forum, you've seen this one before. It's a reoccurring dream I had in 2014. The figure is a woman often wrapped in translucent woven cloth. She stands on a beach of black sand before a black liquid ocean and a white glowing moon. Her eyes are grey. Sometimes she reaches for me and I hear a whisper and can't make it out, other times she is facing away and large pyramids or obelisks rise from the ocean,  as if it's made of liquid metal. I added the mammoth skull to represent mystery, but the eye has appeared, and I beleive it is hers.

I'm at a standstill. The dream was fine, and its here. Now what do we add to make it better? To better represent that mystery?

The woman had a sort of lunar vibe, and simply represents an envoy, or a messenger. A calling to enter the subjective realm and trust the inner radiant self, or Ka, the entierty of me to solve my current life hardships. The message was trust, and a call to cross a barrier. Perhaps this helps with creativity, but atm I am stuck.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:14:12 am by Km Anu »

Km Anu

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:18:30 am »
Just a digital version of an automatic drawing.

A little background, I use Adobe draw to create scalable images and Pixart to color and size them, and sometime photoshop to polish or combine elements. I draw in negative space often, making block shapes and removing the inner spaces to form an outline. A lot of what I do when I automatically draw presents as black. This drawing was a bunch of scribbles that abounded to this on paper, and then I just took a picture of it and traced it in draw.

Looked sort of like a waterfall with a rock in it. Perhaps we can use the command to look to make that rock an eerie structure? I don't know. Any input?

Km Anu

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:43:41 am »
Here is another, and I've actually been sitting on this since last winter. It's nothing special, but at this point it just feels very stagnant. If anyone else can make use of it, be my guest! :D

Km Anu

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 07:45:44 am »
Here is a better version, my bad.

Km Anu

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 03:19:26 pm »
A few more, I had to break them up.