Author Topic: Body Transformation as Magick  (Read 831 times)

Liu

Re: Body Transformation as Magick
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:09 pm »
An infection? Why would you think so?
While I only got the idea that it's sleep apnea during the last 1 or 2 years, looking back I seem to have the symptoms since over a decade. And my doctors didn't diagnose any infection of the respiratory system besides a common cold now and then.

There also doesn't seem to be any unusual amount of mucus. Sorry, I had been using the wrong term - it's the mucous membrane which is sometimes swollen, not the mucus which is increased. And as I said, the swelling is fairly rare now.

But mold - well we do have mold in the bathroom of the apartment in which I live since about 1.5 years. But my symptoms actually got much better during the first few months of living there. Some of the times in which they were worst were actually when staying in hotels and at my parents' place, at neither of which places I saw mold. In all cases of place change correlating with symptom change, I can also think of possible place-independent causes.
Also the showering in a cabin and getting breathing issues from the steam were at places without mold.

Can't think of any unusual things I'd be in contact with.
Well, I might nevertheless ask about whether my symptoms could be explained by any environment factors.

And thanks for the offer to ship me some - but considering that I live in Germany I don't think that would make things cheaper.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:59:42 pm by Liu »

Liu

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 05:12:03 pm »
Well, Sinefinefons seems to have deleted their comments, but I read their final one here this morning and it showed me that I need to clarify one point, as that was the main symptom on which they based their diagnosis of mold being the cause:

I had written "I actually rather get breathing issues under the shower if I notice any effect".
By this I did not mean that I would regularly get breathing issues from that. Rather, I once or twice got breathing issues from that, which only lasted while I was under the shower, and probably simply because of there being too much water and not enough oxygen in the air.
I have once or twice tried out inhaling the steam of camomile tea (with a steam inhaling device) and I didn't get any breathing issues from that (but it also didn't help in any way).

Liu

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 04:49:41 pm »
Well, to give you an update: Got the diagnosis that I most likely have sleep apnea.
So I'll spend a night at the sleep lab.
But they are booked out so it's still a while to my appointment. And I'll get the results from it mid-November.
Let's see what methods I can test in the meantime (I didn't specifically ask but I also wasn't given any recommendations - I guess they first need to figure out where exactly is the issue).

Hapu

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 08:26:36 pm »
But they are booked out so it's still a while to my appointment. And I'll get the results from it mid-November.

That seems very slow.

Liu

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 08:39:59 pm »

That seems very slow.
I kinda was expecting it.
Doctors here are typically booked out. For some stuff you can easily wait half a year for an appointment unless you're an emergency.
So I'm not surprised about 2 or 3 months.
At least the doctors there actually took some time to ask questions. Well at least a little bit more than my usual doctor for respiratory issues does.
When I have reason again to go to my general doctor (which likely is soon) I'll ask whether they can give me some advice on what to do in the meantime. But they probably don't know either.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 08:43:58 pm by Liu »