Author Topic: Project Hephæstus’ Forge by Crossfire  (Read 371 times)

Xepera-maSet

Project Hephæstus’ Forge by Crossfire
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:35:03 am »
https://ophidicsocietyofmeskhetyu.home.blog/2019/08/03/project-hephaestus-forge-the-left-hand-path-wrathful-emotions-and-greater-black-magick-by-crossfire/

Many people try to avoid or repress the negative emotions like anger, envy, and jealousy, because they can take over your mind and influence you into negative behavior. However, some people get some sort of satisfaction from these emotions, in spite of the negative influence they have on our minds. Repressing these emotions can lead to extreme behavior when they finally do surface, so repression is not a satisfactory option. Satisfying these emotions as they arise makes you a slave to them with only short term satisfaction and often with long term problems that will have to be cleared up. So is there another way of dealing with the wrathful emotions? Indeed, there is.

crossfire

Re: Project Hephæstus’ Forge by Crossfire
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 01:04:15 am »
I'd hit the like button, but I can't seem to find it! :thumbsup:

Can also be found on the forum in this thread:
http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=898.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:06:04 am by crossfire »
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Liu

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 02:54:50 pm »
How does one get angry?  ;)

Honestly, I hardly ever feel anger - perhaps once a year or so for a few seconds, and for really petty reasons so that there isn't even anything worthwhile to channel it into.

Despite and frustration? Sure. But that doesn't give me adrenaline rushes. If anything it's re-assuring and calming as it makes me feel proud of not having the shortcomings that cause those other people to behave in stupid ways, or relieved about the imperfection of existence reminding me that I don't need to be perfect myself.

Well, my frustration with that linked essay energized me into writing this reply, so it might be working automatically without first making me angry :mrgreen:

And regarding envy and jealousy: Not sure whether I know those feelings.
Envy: In the sense of seeing something and wanting to have it? Sure. In the sense of disliking someone else for having something that I want to have? Nope - can't think of any occasion.
Jealousy: In the sense of noticing that someone else has a better relationship with someone than I have, and feeling bad because of that? Yes, but rather because it attacks my self-confidence, not because I would actually care about having a better relationship with that person than the other person has.
And I don't see what either of these would have to do with anger?

Onyx

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:00 pm »
Quote from: crossfire
I'd hit the like button, but I can't seem to find it!

Some features are broken because of this:

create_function: This function has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 7.2.0. Relying on this function is highly discouraged.

And I get about a million error reports per week as a result. Thanks PHP team!

crossfire

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 02:36:31 pm »
It would be through dislike.

Honestly, I hardly ever feel anger - perhaps once a year or so for a few seconds, and for really petty reasons so that there isn't even anything worthwhile to channel it into.
I really don't get angry much either--I like to be in control of my own mind.

Despite and frustration? Sure. But that doesn't give me adrenaline rushes. If anything it's re-assuring and calming as it makes me feel proud of not having the shortcomings that cause those other people to behave in stupid ways, or relieved about the imperfection of existence reminding me that I don't need to be perfect myself.

Well, my frustration with that linked essay energized me into writing this reply, so it might be working automatically without first making me angry :mrgreen:
Sounds like you have transformed anger so it doesn't overcome your mind.

Envy: In the sense of seeing something and wanting to have it? Sure. In the sense of disliking someone else for having something that I want to have? Nope - can't think of any occasion.
Jealousy: In the sense of noticing that someone else has a better relationship with someone than I have, and feeling bad because of that? Yes, but rather because it attacks my self-confidence, not because I would actually care about having a better relationship with that person than the other person has.
The essay didn't cover these other emotions.  However, the wrathful emotions are useful for clearing obstacles.

You can always write your own essay regarding jealousy and envy. :D
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Etu Malku

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 11:38:35 pm »

Perhaps you are dead and simply don't know it? :rolleyes:
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Km Anu

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 01:43:47 pm »
On anger,

Thank you for this essay, it was very illuminating. Back in my Zen phase I often thought myself incapable of anger, but that notion in myself at least was a delusion. My focus moved away from my life stressors and I found that maintaining discipline in high stress situations and keeping reality as just that- reality, no more no less, I could suppress my immediate boiling rage. Rage I felt typically at witnessing scenarios, not being involved in them. Over time I came to understand that I will boil over and explode if I continued to internalize my stress, and I did. I had anxiety attacks.

Now that I am a bit older and more experienced (and that I've had three major public meltdowns that involved crying, lol) I've come to realize that anger is secondary to stress in varying forms. Working in mental health, many of the de-escalation techniques that are given to or practiced upon patients are about expression. We talk through our problems, scream into pillows, punch walls, and hurt other to express dissatisfaction with the world, be it objective or subjective. That is why I love this project. Taking those useless tactics and converting them to a force that compacts will and feeds the Black Flame is invaluable.

Liu

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 05:17:24 pm »
Perhaps you are dead and simply don't know it? :rolleyes:
Lol, I am still able to get annoyed nevertheless ;)

Sounds like you have transformed anger so it doesn't overcome your mind.
I don't remember ever having put any effort in that though... so I guess I'll forward that compliment to my subconscious :mrgreen:

The essay didn't cover these other emotions.  However, the wrathful emotions are useful for clearing obstacles.

You can always write your own essay regarding jealousy and envy. :D
Thanks for reminding me that contributions are not limited to the order.
Not sure what to write about emotions I don't really know, though :P
I could write about some other ones, but it would either be fairly boring, or a bit too specific towards my own psychological makeup so that I wouldn't consider it likely that many readers would be able to apply it to their own situation.
I'll let you know if I do get an idea for it.