Author Topic: LHP and the kindness factor  (Read 559 times)

Deidre

LHP and the kindness factor
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:35:26 pm »
Not that my opinion matters all that much, but for whatever it's worth...I've gone back to the RHP, and all  things considered...on average, LHP people seem to be kinder than RHP. What am I basing this on? Strictly observation, but I've returned to a RHP forum, and also people in my life. Of course there are outliers, and I'd like to believe that I'm kind to others.

But, every time I come to this site, you guys are just chill. Not judging. Not saying cringe-worthy things.

The RHP is about going towards the light, but if the LHP goes through the darkness to find the light, and comes out radiating much brighter, what does that say?

Jesus said ''you'll know them by their fruit.'' Some of you guys, your fruit is perfect. <3
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Onyx

Re: LHP and the kindness factor
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:57:12 pm »
Definitions of RHP/LHP tend to be open to interpretation. One person recently suggested to me that there are infinite paths and therefore many crossroads to navitage. I am okay with using the terms in our circles since we're generally talking about a distinction between conventional and non-conventional religion. But it tends to be a rough one.

You used the term "kindness factor", but I'll propose the concept of the "balance factor" versus "extremism". Some Christians and Islamists are extremists, as well as some Satanists. One form of symbolism I percieve in the Pentagram is that to me it properly hovers on a single point - Balance.

Through whatever sort of "cosmic fusion" that exists between mind and body, we have been deigned with the gift of isolate self-aware intelligence. Because all human beings possess that gift, the pursuit of the same is up to us.

I'll re-iterate this part of our slogan in relation to your thoughts:

The Path of Darkness leads to Enlightenment.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:03:17 pm by Onyx »

idgo

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:06:41 pm »
Aww, I'm glad you're having that experience of this part of the internet!

When I try to dredge my own cumulative experience to determine whether I can generalize about the "kindness" of RHP people, I'm reminded of a concept that I was recently exposed to in this reddit post https://np.reddit.com/r/AskFeminists/comments/cfdf9z/how_would_you_describe_right_wing_philosophy/eu9ufky/. Generally when I find out that someone is committedly RHP, it's because they've attempted to modify my thoughts or behaviors in some way, and attempting to reason with them can be frustrating in the same way that that post describes the frustration of attempting to reason with someone who bases their thought on different moral foundations.

However, I also encounter plenty of people who happen to behave in what I'd consider a perfectly reasonable and kind manner, who incidentally turn out to be motivated to do it by happening to hold RHP values. It can be easy to forget that the belief systems of a majority of people one interacts with in daily life are invisible, and to draw conclusions about a path only from those who are loudest about their involvement with it.

Km Anu

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:21:06 pm »

I think there's some sort of focus on power in repression. I strongly think that when frustrations and things of the like are bound and then a person expresses in form ulterior to that they can feel a sense of empowerment that is just an illusion. Really the perception of being at the end of any kind of journey can make a person feel a little high and mighty and I've seen a lot of that in RHP. But LHP has a lot of focus on already being perfect, freedom of expression and freedom of growth. Really it's about believing that you can improve and that just knowing that means you're perfect. When I was  practicing within a RHP tradition, I sometimes felt that my journey defined me. It wasn't until I saw the world in many different ways that I started to see that I defined my journey.

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 11:53:29 am »
Right on! Everyone needs to do what is best for them, be it Left or Right Hand Path. We wish you all the best and I'm really glad you still come around. You are always welcome here.

Deidre

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 08:09:33 pm »

I think there's some sort of focus on power in repression. I strongly think that when frustrations and things of the like are bound and then a person expresses in form ulterior to that they can feel a sense of empowerment that is just an illusion. Really the perception of being at the end of any kind of journey can make a person feel a little high and mighty and I've seen a lot of that in RHP. But LHP has a lot of focus on already being perfect, freedom of expression and freedom of growth. Really it's about believing that you can improve and that just knowing that means you're perfect. When I was  practicing within a RHP tradition, I sometimes felt that my journey defined me. It wasn't until I saw the world in many different ways that I started to see that I defined my journey.
This is very interesting. I never felt ''perfect'' when I explored the LHP. I felt...enlightened, perhaps. In following the RHP, and it depends on what spiritual system one follows of course, I feel like every day, I'm improving. But, the arbiter is God, for me, now.

The beauty of the journey is just that...it's a journey towards enlightenment and self...and it's perhaps, not supposed to ever end.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black