Author Topic: Left Hand Path Quotes  (Read 4227 times)

Frater V.I.M.

Re: Left Hand Path Quotes
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 01:29:41 pm »
Some of the best pre-1975 quotes by Anton LaVey:

"The world of the flesh and the living shall be the greatest preparation for any and all eternal delights!" - The Satanic Bible

"If a person has been vital throughout his life and has fought to the end for his earthly existence, it is this ego which will refuse to die, even after the expiration of the flesh which housed it." - The Satanic Bible

“The Yezidi interpretation of God was in the purest Satanic tradition. . . . If there was any semblance of a personal manifestation of God, it was through Satan, who instructed and guided the Yezidi toward an understanding of the multifaceted principles of Creation, much like the Platonic idea that the Absolute was itself static and transcendental. This concept of ‘God’ is essentially the position taken by the more highly evolved Satanists.” - The Satanic Rituals

"Crowley, nobody's fool, simply set up a magical maze so that students whose consciences would only allow them to tread the Right-Hand Path would nevertheless wind up on the Left." - The Satanic Rituals

"Thou, who have forsworn the divine mindlessness, do proclaim the majesty of thine own being amongst the marvels of the universe. Thou rejecteth oblivion of self, and accepteth the pleasure and pain of unique existence. Thou art returned from death to life, and declareth thy friendship with Lucifer, Lord of Light, who is exalted as Satan. Thou receiveth the Sigil of Baphomet and embraceth the Black Flame of cherished enlightenment." - The Satanic Rituals

"Turn thy back on the vile and despise them: follow the Black Flame to unending beauty in mind and body." - The Satanic Rituals

“They play at the games which caused our forebears to be slaughtered and tortured as agents of Satan. And what do they do, now that it is safe to use His Great Infernal Name? They deny him! They have the very opportunity to cast the very creed of defamation, which killed their brothers and sisters of the past - cast that creed before the world in triumphant mockery of its age of unreason! But no! They do not thrust the bifid barb of Satan aloft and shout: ‘He has triumphed!’ His Art and Works which brought men to the rack and thumbscrew can now be learned in safety. But no! He is denied! Denied by those who cry up His Art and ply His Work! Satan’s Name will not be denied! Let no man shun or mock His Name who plays His winning game - or Despair, Depletion, and Destruction await!” - The Cloven Hoof

"Let it be known that every man who delves into the arts of darkness must give the Devil and His children the due their years of infamy deserve. Satan’s Name will not be denied! Let no man shun or mock His Name who plays His winning game or despair, depletion, and destruction await!”
- Anton LaVey, 1970

Olive

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 02:48:57 pm »
"If then you do not make yourself equal to God, you cannot apprehend God; for like is known by like.

Leap clear of all that is corporeal, and make yourself grown to a like expanse with that greatness which is beyond all measure; rise above all time and become eternal; then you will apprehend God. Think that for you too nothing is impossible; deem that you too are immortal, and that you are able to grasp all things in your thought, to know every craft and science; find your home in the haunts of every living creature; make yourself higher than all heights and lower than all depths; bring together in yourself all opposites of quality, heat and cold, dryness and fluidity; think that you are everywhere at once, on land, at sea, in heaven; think that you are not yet begotten, that you are in the womb, that you are young, that you are old, that you have died, that you are in the world beyond the grave; grasp in your thought all of this at once, all times and places, all substances and qualities and magnitudes together; then you can apprehend God.

But if you shut up your soul in your body, and abase yourself, and say 'I know nothing, I can do nothing; I am afraid of earth and sea, I cannot mount to heaven; I know not what I was, nor what I shall be,' then what have you to do with God?"
-Hermes Trismegistus

(Some might argue that this is RHP - I would argue that they aren't so different at sufficiently high levels of mastery. Although it seems to me one would be hard pressed to claim that the Hermetic tradition and the branches that split from it don't support individualism.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:56:51 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Setamontet

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 09:22:39 pm »
Venefactor = One who is deliberate in their manifestations of the machinations of Black Magic/the Powers of Darkness.  Black Magician/Sorcerer/Sorceress.

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 06:46:49 pm »
"Selflessness renders love impossible. Altruism places the interests of others above the interests of yourself. What would it mean to have no personal interest in the object of your affection? Altruism devalues romantic love. Would your loved one be flattered if you said you loved them despite any qualities or virtues they may have, that you love them as a disinterested act of self sacrifice?"

- Magister Doug Pridgen, Temple of Set conclave
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:00:05 am by pi_rameses »

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 11:17:49 pm »
Also from that lecture:

"If men are to be submissive the obstacle is not their feelings, wishes, and instincts... but their minds."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Setamontet

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 01:52:29 pm »
I am proud to say that I was friends and have worked with Magister Doug Pridgen when I was in the ToS.  He's also an awesome drummer and a huge fan of black metal.  He once said to me - "with a little Work I could see you becoming a shining Excalibur."

The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Olive

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 07:27:52 pm »
"A philosophy centering on the soul struggling to divest itself at the earliest possible moment of its incubus of the body. The soul's life down here was said to be a veritable imprisonment - her wings clipped by the sad diminution of her powers and the limitations imposed on her freedom by the inhibiting sluggishness and inertia of her physical instruments of cognition. To incarnate in a fleshly body was for her to suffer the agonies of virtual death.

Only the knowledge of profoundest philosophy, embracing the true science of the soul, would provide men with the understanding adequate to orient the mind to endure the carnal nature with equanimity, and to liberate the consciousness from the painful distractions of sensuous life to the contemplation of the more real aspects of the spirit."

-Description of occult Hinduism, unattributed
     Wandering companionless

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Olive

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 05:19:45 pm »
He [Voltaire] wasn't satisfied with Spinoza's answer that Good and Evil are human terms, inapplicable to the universe - and that our
tragedies are trivial things from the perspective of eternity.

--

I am a puny part of the great whole.
Yes; but all animals condemned to live,
All sentient things, born by the same stern law,
Suffer like me, and like me also die.

The vulture fastens on his timid prey,
And stabs with bloody beak the quivering limbs:
All's well, it seems, for it. But in a while
An eagle tears the vulture into shreds;
The eagle is transfixed by shaft of man;
The man, prone in the dust of battlefield,
Mingling his blood with dying fellow-men,
Becomes in turn the food of ravenous birds.
Thus the whole world in every member groans:
All born for torment and for mutual death.
And o'er this ghastly chaos you would say
The ills of each make up the good of all!
What blessedness! And as, with quaking voice,
Mortal and pitiful, ye cry, "All's well,"
The universe belies you, and your heart
Refutes a hundred times your mind's conceit.

All dead and living things are locked in strife.
Confess it freely—evil stalks the land,
Its secret principle unknown to us.
Can it be from the author of all good?
Are we condemned to weep by tyrant law
Of black Typhon or barbarous Ahriman?
These odious monsters, whom a trembling world
Made gods, my spirit utterly rejects.

-An excerpt from Will Durant's The Philosophy of Voltaire.

The quoted poem is Voltaire's "Poem on the Disaster of Lisbon"
     Wandering companionless

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Setamontet

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 03:46:06 pm »
My LHP quote and pic of the day.

The best depiction of Satan, the Devil, I've seen;
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:51:14 pm by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 03:44:47 pm »
"The god in my heart was xephra and 1 saw Infinite Space. The god in my heart was Ma'at and 1 saw Beauty. The god in my heart was Shuti and I saw Yesterday-Tomorrow. The god in my heart was Geb and 1 saw the place to erect my Temple. The god in my heart was Nuit and I saw how to create a world. The god in my heart was Osiris and I saw how to sink within and gather strength. The god in my heart was Set and I saw how to preserve the force of mind. The god in my heart was 1sis and I saw how to re-shape in accordance with all my Secrets. The god in my heart was Nepthys and I learned how to create Time. r look down upon the whole of the Earth and her secrets open to me. Every spell and scourge is obedient to me! I am KAT A TOU OUSIRI. 1 am ABERAMENTHOoU. 1 will return to this secret region as a Bennu-bird!"

From Seven Faces of Darkness. Not sure why the I's copied as 1's...

mesubetesh

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 04:05:11 pm »
"The god in my heart was xephra and 1 saw Infinite Space. The god in my heart was Ma'at and 1 saw Beauty. The god in my heart was Shuti and I saw Yesterday-Tomorrow. The god in my heart was Geb and 1 saw the place to erect my Temple. The god in my heart was Nuit and I saw how to create a world. The god in my heart was Osiris and I saw how to sink within and gather strength. The god in my heart was Set and I saw how to preserve the force of mind. The god in my heart was 1sis and I saw how to re-shape in accordance with all my Secrets. The god in my heart was Nepthys and I learned how to create Time. r look down upon the whole of the Earth and her secrets open to me. Every spell and scourge is obedient to me! I am KAT A TOU OUSIRI. 1 am ABERAMENTHOoU. 1 will return to this secret region as a Bennu-bird!"

From Seven Faces of Darkness. Not sure why the I's copied as 1's...

Majestic little book!

mesubetesh

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 04:05:33 pm »
I am the Empire at the end of the decadence.

Paul Verlaine

Setamontet

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:22 pm »
Satanic Pride banner (pic of the day)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:34 pm »
I love that

NEMO 93

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 04:16:56 am »
From Crowley's Mass of the Pheonix in The Book of Lies:

"This Bread I eat. This Oath I swear
As I enflame myself with prayer:
'There is no grace: there is no guilt:
This is the Law: DO WHAT THOU WILT!'

ABRAHADABRA.

I entered in with woe; with mirth
I now go forth, and with thanksgiving,
To do my pleasure on the earth