Author Topic: Left Hand Path Quotes  (Read 483 times)

Setamontet

Left Hand Path Quotes
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:54:02 am »
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common, they don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering". - Dr. Who

"Political correctness has no place in Setian, Satanic, Luciferian, Left-Hand Path speak. If you are offended by our words, then you need to seek out some other path or religion that is kinder and gentler to your fragile sensibilities." - Setamontet

"Madness, as you know, is like gravity; all it takes is a little push." - the Joker

"Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everything becomes chaos." - the Joker, Chaos Magician
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:11:38 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Setamontet

Re: Left Hand Path Quotes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:35:26 am »
"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.  The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." - H.P. Lovecraft
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:40:35 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

merytseth

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »
"Who honors those we love with the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us and at the same time sings we will never die? Who teaches us what's real, and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we die to defend? Who chains us and who holds the key that can set us free?  It's you.  You have all the weapons you need.  Now fight!" -Sweet Pea, Sucker Punch

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:57:43 pm »
"I am tired of earth, these people. Tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives. They claim their labors are to build a heaven, but their heaven is populated with horrors..."

- Dr. Manhattan, Watchmen
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamontet

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 11:14:31 am »
"An Aeonic Word is a conceptualization of those trends, actions, and forces set in motion which have taken Magicians to a certain point in time through Work done for Work's sake (or, as Magus Crowley put it, without lusting for results). Any Word from Thelema to Indulgence to Xeper to Remanifestation is subject to developing only insofar as it is put to personal usage.

Xeper, the primary Word of the Aeon of Set, is an excellent example of the two avenues which can be used to approach the concept. Xeper itself is defined as Coming Into Being, taking oneself up from that lowest-common-denominator mechanical state of being into a functional "divine, Set-like" individual capable of bringing about change in accordance with the Will. If not pursued actively, Xeper will still impact the individual will to come into being, but only as that which he Wills by his actions to Become. Should he operate only in the mode of base desires and the mere impulse to satisfy the desire for gratification, such is the goal he will obtain for himself. Should he, on the other hand, turn his gaze toward an understanding of the cosmos, the resulting state of being will be far beyond that he could have anticipated when starting his journey. The gist of this is that one will become something regardless of which path is followed, but that it is up to the individual to select the goal to be worked toward." 
- James Lewis, Magus of Remanifestation.

And so the question becomes, do you actively seek after Xeper or do you coast?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:04:48 am by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:05:19 pm »
While we are still here, we have come to know it [ātman].
If you've not known it, great is your destruction.
Those who have known it — they become immortal.
As for the rest — only suffering awaits them.

- upanishads

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamontet

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
I do like this story I was reminded of in The Imperishable Star vol. II;

Cloven Hoof Prints: A Satanic Twist on an Ancient Myth.   

"As a man comes to the end of his life he eagerly awaits his meeting with his Dark Lord.  He finally reaches the end and sees the shadow of Satan, but the man's vision is distracted by something a few feet to his right. He sees Christ counseling one of his disciples about a set of footprints. Christ's disciple was moaning and groaning about how he had promised always to be with Him, but in troubled times there was only one set of footprints. Christ, was soothing the poor rube, by explaining that in troubled times that he carried his disciples through life. The man looked back and noticed that throughout his entire life that there was only one set of foot prints, meaning that the Prince of Darkness was never with him at all. As Satan emerged from the shadow, the man asked, "Why, my Dark Lord? I served you to bring Hell on earth in all my days and you were never once there for me. Why?"

Being the perfect gentleman, Satan said, "I understand. However, before you complain about being short changed I implore you to give the Devil His due." "Look at that Mad Redeemer, and his dependent....er I guess he calls them disciples. He has created a weakling. A sheep that has only been slaughtered throughout his life and now realizes that it was all wasted away." "I NEVER promised to carry you or grant wishes or fed you with other such lies and fairy tales to keep you weak. Instead, my child, I have made you strong. I taught you to rely on and be responsible for yourself. I taught you that you create your own Heaven or Hell. I taught that while you must deal with the consequences of your fuck ups that the rewards of your own success are indeed sweet. I never forbid you your Natural desires, I left the Black Flame that you were born with undisturbed. All of this led to undefiled wisdom about your own nature and the nature of life. Also, I never took your pride. Even now at the end, you are both prideful and strong enough to challenge Me. Yet, I can not take credit for any of your achievements or failures or loves or hates or weaknesses or strengths. You can lay claim to that and pridefully say that it was all your creation as you are your own God!" The man considered all of this, for what seemed like eternity. He then pridefully approached and claimed his throne in Hell!" 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:20:48 pm by Setamontet »

Setamontet

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 10:34:04 am »
The Sixth Part of the Word of Set

"Beyond you who are of the third ordering shall be those of the fourth,
 Mighty in the Universe,
 Who shall again come into being by a First,
 To recall the high orderings of the past and to witness those of the lower orderings
 In their mindless self-annihilation and labor,
 And to continue the exalted tradition of the second and third orderings.
 Remember my Word,
 Because it is for you and of the power within you,
 And through it you shall create works of glory to you and to me."​
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:43:31 am by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 10:39:18 am »
"A man delivered, can never make his way in darkness."

- Corey Taylor, Stone Sour, Cardiff

senecatree

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 12:13:50 am »
"You say 'I' and you are proud of this word. But greater than this- although you will not believe in it - is your body and its great intelligence, which does not say 'I' but performs 'I'." -Friedrich Nietzsche (Thus Spoke Zarathustra)

Setamontet

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 10:46:46 am »
"When I came first to this world, I gave to you my great pentagram, timeless measure of beauty through proportion.  And it was shown inverse, that creation and change be exalted above stasis and rest." - Set, The Book of Coming Forth by Night
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:50:31 am by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 10:38:15 pm »
"You'd be surprised at the things you find when you go looking..."

- Dr. Powell, The Void

xx
How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?

Started by Lord_Vats on General LHP Discussion

15 Replies
Last post October 23, 2017, 11:52:38 am
by King Mob
xx
My experience within the Left Way

Started by Sutekh on Journals

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2017, 02:06:09 pm
by Sutekh
xx
The Path of Change

Started by Deidre on General LHP Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 28, 2017, 03:57:22 am
by Kapalika
xx
LHPers, have you had any relationship issues related to the path?

Started by Xepera maSet on Lounge

11 Replies
Last post October 14, 2017, 07:46:02 pm
by pi_ramesses