Author Topic: I am thinking of reading Miltons Paradise Lost  (Read 354 times)

Sutekh

I am thinking of reading Miltons Paradise Lost
« on: April 26, 2019, 06:16:46 pm »
Iv'e been thinking lately about reading the Book "Paradise Lost" by John Milton. I was wandering if its worthwhile to read?
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: I am thinking of reading Miltons Paradise Lost
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 07:40:06 pm »
Good luck hahaha. I can usually do older style writing but I've never finished a page of Paradise Lost lol.

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

DelilahGarret

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 06:23:30 pm »
I'd start by reading a college study guide first, or as a companion to the main text. The book itself is an epic poem and is kind of a slog to get through for the modern reader. The poetics aren't much to write home about; I can't think of very many passages I can quote from memory and I read the whole thing in college. It's more important for the ideas and narratives it contains than the words themselves.

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:40:37 am »
Do it and tell us if it's worth it. I also wonder if maybe there is a "version" of it that puts it in a structure that's easier for modern people to read.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 05:59:42 pm »
Do it and tell us if it's worth it. I also wonder if maybe there is a "version" of it that puts it in a structure that's easier for modern people to read.

I stumbled a pdf version of it online. I haven't started reading Paradise lost yet, as I am currently still reading two books one based on the Marquis de Sade and Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard.

I would be happy to contribute the pdf version of Paradise Lost on this forum.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:02:24 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 06:00:58 pm »
This was the Pdf version I believe I stumbled on-   http://triggs.djvu.org/djvu-editions.com/MILTON/LOST/Download.pdf