Author Topic: Worship Of The State  (Read 529 times)

W_Adam_Smythe

Worship Of The State
« on: July 10, 2017, 02:38:47 am »
In the post, Is there an ideology outside the LHP which values the Self, Xepera maSet, brings up something that I feel is very important: Worship Of The State.

I figure that this is worthy of it's own thread and if deemed fit it can also be taken as a submission for the newsletter.

One time while I was researching Charles Manson, I saw a quote that really struck a chord with me. He said, "God is a green piece of paper with a dead president's face on it."

This really made sense to me. I then took it a few steps further, compared it with parts of Might Is Right, and added in my own observations as well, hence this essay.

If you go back to the time that the United States of America was founded, it is important to note that Christianity and mysticism were waning. As everyone knows, one of the reasons that we split off on our own was for religious freedom.  By the same token, if you look at Christianity or other "white light" religions, one of the main purposes is to attempt to keep people in line by frightening them of the possibilities after death. However, with people breaking away from that dogma, it wasn't quite as easy to scare them with Hell. A new religion was needed.

The founders of the U.S. were some pretty bright fellows. While on one hand they wanted to escape persecution, they also didn't want chaos to ensue. Something needed to be used to control the masses, but what? I can't help but think that they all grinned wickedly when they came across the thought that the best kept slaves are those who believe themselves to be free. Thus a new religion was formed. It was called the Government.

No religion would be complete without a God and a Holy Text.  God was easy enough. People need money to survive. As a result, people are devoted to money, can't get enough money, and under the right circumstance will do anything for money.  When those Christians in the fifties felt that they needed to put "In God We Trust" on money in hopes to somehow connect the church and state, little did they know how close to hitting the nail on the head that they came. The church was the state and had been since the country's inception.  So it only made sense that God would be officially named and sanctioned.  It is also interesting to note how that the founding fathers did not incorporate this from the beginning. Perhaps had they done so at that time, their secret would have been spoiled. Let it never be said that time and ignorance won't stop the masses from unknowingly spilling the beans.

Holy Text. This one must have presented a bit of a challenge. How could you create a religious text without making it seem like a religious text? Enter the Constitution.  Much like the Holy Bible, the Constitution offers both "gifts" and proper "punishments. Indeed, it is a rule book. However, the "gifts" that it offers are quite evasive. Take freedom of speech for instance. Anyone that is born with a mouth and a tongue, who can form words understood by his fellows to be language, has all the freedom of speech that he needs. A piece of paper does not wave a magic wand and give you that "right". All that pieces of paper and laws do is chip away at that thing that comes natural to you. Yet, look at the masses, who in fact BELIEVE the former and reject the latter. Like those faithful to Christianity, if they cannot believe it then the whole thing comes apart at the seems. Likewise, the Constitution provided the belief that people were free, hence, they became the best kept slaves.

After this, it becomes somewhat easy, at times pathetic, at times disgusting, and at times quite humorous to make the following comparisons.

The Pope=The President.

Reverends, Priests, and Ministers=Lower level politicians.

Denominations=Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green Party, Tea Party, and all of the activists groups etc.

Collection plates and tithes=taxation and state sponsored charities as well as donations to all of the above denominations.

Door to door ministers=Campaign volunteers. 

The politician like the priest demands your blind faith and does not truly appreciate questions. Do a little test, take any well known politician and watch a stump speech. Do not watch the politician. Instead, watch the crowd. Notice the glazed over eyes of sheer belief and hope?  Next, watch any well known evangelical. Again, do not watch the speaker, watch the crowd. Notice any similarities?

Like their priestly brethren the politician lives in the lap of luxury while most of the congregation lives in squalor.

Hypocrisy seems to be a way of life for the priest and politician alike.

Anyone who does not believe in this religion of Government is considered a heretic. 

The Devil, of course is anyone who tempts people not to believe but to seek knowledge.

When people speak of separation of church and state, let it be known that they are parroting  something that the founding fathers likely had quite a chuckle with.

This is the Church of State.