Author Topic: Spiritual and Anti-Cosmic satanism  (Read 843 times)

Inlustratus

Spiritual and Anti-Cosmic satanism
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:26:50 pm »
I've been reading some parts of Liber Azerate, specifically the "Genesis" which talks about Absu and Tiamat. These stories "ripped" from Mesopotamian mythology reminded me of Joy of Satan and their belief that Satan and demons are actually aliens and basically tells the Sumerian story of Anunnaki.
What was the appeal of Anunnaki to both ToBL and JoS?
Was it them trying to make satanism look like the oldest religion (although JoS already claims that)?
Don't get me wrong, I like the story of MLO, even if they are literally fascists and most of the story is just ripped from ancient Mesopotamia.
What are your views on Liber Azerate and MLO, since I'm pretty sure I know what you think about JoS?
*scary satanic text*

Olive

Re: Spiritual and Anti-Cosmic satanism
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:49 pm »
I’d say it’s definitely the mystique that leads them and others to adopt the annunaki story into their tradition. Not a lot has been translated or rightly understood from the vast library of Mesopotamian writings until recently. Even now, the most definitive collections are extremely pricy and pretty much reserved for academics.

I think the Annunaki creation story is enticing because of its age, and also because it serves as a more believable creation account than that of jehovah and the garden. If we were created as a slave race, that would do a great deal to explain the current condition of mankind. Moreover, most modern people are more willing to accept tales about aliens and intergalactic beings rather than spirits and gods.

But say Satan and his demons really are a race of aliens. Okay? Doesn’t that make him less powerful and meaningful than if he were an eternal principle? If it’s the former, it really doesn’t matter to me if it’s true or not; if it’s the latter, it’s something I can recognize and deal with day to day throughout my life. Even if there is a great struggle happening between space faring races, right now, that will determine the fate of the planet - ultimately our struggle is still against powers and principalities, rather than beings.

Most of the time when people bring up the Annunaki and such in theological conversations I just have to roll my eyes. 95% of the time it is based on some new age stuff or some bs from Zecharia Stitchen.

What do you think about the way it’s presented in Liber Azerate? Does it work for you?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:44:05 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 08:59:23 pm »
I would not necessarily equate the Sumerian Gods with Nazi aliens. Edgy guys like JoS use Sumer because they (falsely) believe they're the oldest gods.

As for the Sinister Tradition: it's fascinating and deep and full of interesting ideas. But anyone who PRACTICES it can fuck off.

Inlustratus

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 01:40:48 pm »
it's fascinating and deep and full of interesting ideas. But anyone who PRACTICES it can fuck off.

I am obviously not as knowledgeable about Anti-cosmic satanism as members of MLO but I don't think they take everything literally. Many ideas are similar to some other branches of LHP but the problem are "Satanic guidelines" that include literal fascism.
*scary satanic text*

Little Beast

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:52 am »
But anyone who PRACTICES it can fuck off.

Yeah, well... nice knowing you then.

Here's a thing. Do you know what "218" means? It's pretty goddamn OBVIOUS, and as someone who has practised that flavour of Satanism from before Dissection was called The Black I'm wondering if you have ever had a good grounded conversation with any of us. Oh, wait... you have....
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Inlustratus

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 08:53:57 am »
It's pretty goddamn OBVIOUS, and as someone who has practised that flavour of Satanism from before Dissection was called The Black.

Now I'm genuinely curious about your beliefs. What exactly do you practice and what does it  mean to you?
*scary satanic text*

Little Beast

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:17 am »
You could possibly search my post history - but none of that is actually very revealling to the educated as to what I believe personally. Like most people posting on the web, I choose to remain anonymous, and my beliefs are no one's business since I'm not selling them. I'm actually a genuine human though, and open to private conversations. There's methods for such things, which in actual fact is the primary reason I even bother with "occult" forums outside of the darknet.
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:01 am »
This is actually a subject I'm still interested in, anyone know any good essays or general writings on the subject?
"This Universe is then a perpetual Bycoming, the Vessel of every Permutation of Infinity, wherein every Phenomenon is a Sacrament, Change being the act of Love, and Duality the Condition prodromal to that Act even as an Axe must be taken back from a Cedar that it may deliver its Stroke." - Aleister Crowley

Aum Ha.

Etu Malku

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 10:03:29 am »
I think Little Beast is implying (s)he is a Niner (ONA/O9A)?
IAMTHATIAMNOT