Author Topic: Magic Askew 2.0  (Read 228 times)

Onyx

Magic Askew 2.0
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:29:15 pm »
Here is an updated version of my paper which appeared in the last newsletter. It's largely about ritual aesthetics which relate to the Law of the Trapezoid, but is otherwise pretty general in nature. I included some extra images.

There are still a few formatting issues and more I want to add/change, but I thought this was good enough for the meantime, feedback is welcome.

Magic Askew 2.0
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:32:37 am by Onyx »

Xepera maSet

• Setian
  • Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: Magic Askew 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:07:58 pm »
Great paper!

Working overtime to uncover
the mysteries of existence
(as described by Onyx)

I have come into being like Set,
the Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity.

Kapalika

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 02:06:43 am »
Read it, and it really does feel complete now. I don't recall all what wasn't in the original, but the read through this one did have a more "round about" feel to it. The original felt a little too open ended but I think this version has remedied that.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Onyx

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 06:23:17 am »
Thanks, I'm planning on one more revision before moving on. I've noticed over the years that many don't do magic but still maintain altars, often as a special desk for storing/reading books, etc. I would like to include some things relevant to that scenario.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 10:25:08 pm by Onyx »

NatashaSetesh

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 10:11:47 pm »
Onyx, I enjoyed that file, I especially liked the lighting ideas, I as someone who regularly practices LBM & GBM have definitely overlooked the black lighting idea so Thank you very much.

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 07:28:31 pm »