Author Topic: Can one worship Satan and other pantheons?  (Read 759 times)

king_gimpy

Can one worship Satan and other pantheons?
« on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:59 pm »
As much as I feel drawn to Satan and the demons, I've always felt drawn to the Nordic gods as well and didn't really know how to go about working with two pantheons, or if that would make me less dedicated to Satan.

Thanks guys/gals for any info I receive.

Liu

Re: Can one worship Satan and other pantheons?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:21:56 pm »
Well, if we would tell you no:
What do you think, would Satan value it more if you would listen to what other people say?
Or if you would decide that you nevertheless want to worship other deities as well and consider your own desires more important than the common opinion?

So, I would say, if you wanna worship other deities, following through with that makes you more dedicated to Satan as you are thereby following your own will.
(Depends of course on your concept of Satan, though.)

And if you then end up only worshiping those other deities, well, would that be so bad if you feel like doing so?

Which Norse deities btw?
Would be a bit of a difference depending on whether you refer to Odin, or to Loki, or to, say, Freyr.
Depending on that, I would have quite different ideas on how to combine the pantheons.

In general, venerating both Satan and entities from other pantheons is pretty widespread among Satanists.

Xepera maSet

• Setian
  • Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:56:17 am »
Absolutely, Satan is just one form of this being, who has always been part of a greater pantheon. I mainly have been working with other Egyptian deities, a few Hebrew entities, and lately Mephisopheles.

Working overtime to uncover
the mysteries of existence
(as described by Onyx)

I have come into being like Set,
the Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity.

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:43 am »
Sure, if you are a pantheist or polytheist.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Mindmaster

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 10:03:34 am »
As much as I feel drawn to Satan and the demons, I've always felt drawn to the Nordic gods as well and didn't really know how to go about working with two pantheons, or if that would make me less dedicated to Satan.

Thanks guys/gals for any info I receive.

My experience, is that Satan isn't some jealous Jehovah. :D He's my bro, he's fam, but he doesn't care if I date other girls. :D

Anyway, there are all sorts of legit reasons to add additional pantheons to one's realm of experience. If anything, it lets you know the gods don't exist in enmity.

I work with Celtic and Greek pantheons if they suit me, which many of them do, but I'm completely a Satanist through and through.

Mindmaster

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 10:20:15 am »
Absolutely, Satan is just one form of this being, who has always been part of a greater pantheon. I mainly have been working with other Egyptian deities, a few Hebrew entities, and lately Mephisopheles.

From where I sit, I don't ascribe to this, but I understand where you are coming from. To me, all these energies are very different things. But, that being said, there is great value in reaching out and having direct knowledge of these things. You're a Satanist, you make the rules, you can talk to anything you want. :D

But, that being said, I experience "Satan" as different from supposed cultural equivalents... to me they're all different folks.

This sort of prompts me to write, btw... I'm thinking about things like cultural and blood connections (which is most of the non-Satan deities I work with). Anyway, it's an interesting subject... People seem to think blood does not matter, but if you find out your genealogy you will find immediate connections with those spiritual beings very easy. Anyway, something to explore.

Kapalika

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 01:53:19 pm »
That too what other people said, Satan isn't the jealous type, and I think compliments many other pantheons depending on interpretation. Surprisingly (to some) religion wasn't so rejecting of the carnal and more earthly/human aspects of existence before Christianity came onto the scene.

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Cabshear

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 04:09:17 pm »
The real question should be

Why would one want to worship Satan?

The colloquial concept of worship is that of slaves. In the western world the notion of worship is pretty cut and dry. If Satan is adversarial to slave mentalities then he would not demand any slave-like worship. Quite the opposite actually! Satan would demand study, the empowerment of humankind via knowledge and understanding. Even the Romantic image of Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost: "For it is better to Reign in Hell, than to Serve in Heaven."

Satan wouldn't take the same stand as the gods of the Right Hand Path who demand slavish worship while hiding behind false concepts like charity, altruism, and holiness.

worship (verb)
wor·​ship | \ ˈwər-shəp also ˈwȯr-  \
worshipped also worshiped; worshipping also worshiping
Definition of worship (Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1 : to honor or show reverence for as a divine being or supernatural power
2 : to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion
a celebrity worshipped by her fans

Referenced from: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/worship

I do not accept Satan as a supernatural power or deity. Since there is a lack of evidence of supernatural deities in our world. Experience of something Super-normal is one thing, supernatural is something very different.

The real question is: Why would the rebel against Tyrant Deities (which probably don't exist) would even want to be worshiped the way those deities were?

No matter which way you slice it the path leads to Supernatural Madness. Inverse Christianity isn't LHP at all. It's just really Goth RHP. 

Worship of Satan is very much missing the greater point.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:20:42 pm by Cabshear »
Warmest Regards,

Fenrys F
-Vampire Initiate and Satanist

Liu

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 05:19:13 pm »
Devotional Satanism and Inverse Christianity are two very different things, though.

Why I would like to worship Satan?

Because it feels good to do so. Because I've fallen in love with my deity and need some way to express my feelings. Because it's part of my character to enjoy being submissive.

All that by the way independent of whether Satan exists as an actual being or not.

I do not accept Satan as a supernatural power or deity. Since there is a lack of evidence of supernatural deities in our world. Experience of something Super-normal is one thing, supernatural is something very different.
I agree with you in preferring the term supernormal over supernatural - yet we needn't take that Merriam Webster-definition that literally, it likely still has the sense intended by the author if we exchange that term.
Satan would demand study, the empowerment of humankind via knowledge and understanding.
Why would worship be in conflict with learning? Striving for knowledge is a form of worshiping Satan, imo.

Inlustratus

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 08:52:32 pm »
Why would worship be in conflict with learning? Striving for knowledge is a form of worshiping Satan, imo.

Exactly. If I had to give a name to my system of beliefs it would probably something like "Chaos-gnostic Luciferianism". Discovering Gnosis is the ultimate goal for myself which can be achieved through both veneration and learning. Now, I don't worship Lucifer in the same sense that 99% of religions worship their gods, but there is a deep sense of connection.

At the same time I both believe and don't believe in the literal existence of Lucifer. You decide ;)
*scary satanic text*

king_gimpy

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 12:49:46 am »
I don't find worship or even adoration of Satan to be inherently bad. I admire him because he and the demons/fallen angels lead man to freedom. I am FREE to choose to worship Satan and work with he and his. He does not force me, nor does he threaten me if I do not.

I worship Satan because a relationship with him is what I want. It's nothing at all like the Christians who worship their "God" out of fear and guilt. I hate God, I view Satan as being everything God is not, chief of all he is freeing. He broke the chains of my Christian upbringing and let me see through the veil of guilt and shame they had blinded me with.

Satan opened my eyes, so I choose to work with him and worship him.

Onyx

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 12:44:39 pm »
I don't really care for the term "worship" that much. But when it comes to the belief in external deities, they can only be as real as what they represent is real. For that reason, I accept both atheistic and theistic interpretations, it hardly matters anyway.

Quote from: Cabshear
...there is a lack of evidence of supernatural deities in our world.

One thing we do have hard evidence for is that life is short and not always sweet. Having rejected conventional religion, we find our own ways to make it meaningful and enjoyable.

Quote from: Inlustratus
At the same time I both believe and don't believe in the literal existence of Lucifer.

I can relate to this statement, it's that unknown thing which is difficult to put a finger on. This probably isn't a real word, but dare I say "quasi-theism"?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:54:42 pm by Onyx »

Lyscii

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »
Quasi-Theism could apply to my point of view as well. I have yet to see anything that convinces me that any deity exists in the objective universe as anything more than an idea in the minds of humans, along with all the depictions that are in art and literature that result from this idea. But these ideas still exert an influence on us, changing our thoughts and actions. Whether or not Yahweh exists, millions of people have been killed in his name. I can perceive and interact with my interpretation of a deity, which varies from someone else's interpretation. I can do this and recognize that it is entirely possible that it is all in my head, but this doesn't have to reduce it's meaning.

Etu Malku

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 03:35:56 pm »
You can worship whatever/whoever you want . . . the quest is, why would you want to worship anything other than your Self? I'd like to point out that admiration and emulation are not forms of worshiping.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Kapalika

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 12:59:46 am »
I would rather someone worship Satan, or a pre-Christian god instead of Yahweh. I believe some gods are what I call "pretenders to the throne" i.e. anti-natural deities which seek eradication of innate nature.

Yahweh is the most popular of this, and in the Christian Bible they say that when a sinner accepts Yeshua that their old nature "dies" and that they gain a new nature (hence being "born again").

Contrasting, Satanists are "born, not made" just one day someone becomes aware of the description. Hindu view is that one's nature as divine is innate, just unrealized. Hence there is no destruction of the old nature, rather the destruction is of the new, illusion of confusion that obscures pure sight of nature (shuddha vidya). It is still pro-nature.

If a Satanist, Luciferian or Setian attempts to attain some form of "higher self" that is a realizing one's full potential, this is essentially embracing said nature. It was always there inside of them, innate.

Christianity would say to forsake this, and instead trust everything to a deity that keeps one limited so that they can be controlled. It is illusion and delusion, or in some cases something akin to a thought form that has taken on it's own life that group thought can no longer contain. It's existence relies on people being kept in spiritual infancy, otherwise they would realize it's unreal nature and it would die.

With the foundation of the natural world gone, or at least avoided, people stray further from their innate nature and become more stuck in ignorance. This is why I worship Satan and exalt the natural world; it is the key through which enlightenment is attained.

As it says on our homepage, "The Path of Darkness leads to Enlightenment." At least where I am coming from, the Universe and Kali are traditionally seen as "Darkness" and it is said the way to Shiva is through worship of Shakti (Darkness).

Many of us already do this, Setians have Set and the Black Flame, and Satanists have Satan and the Carnal. Luciferians emulate the same ideas, but with light to symbolize the revelation itself rather than the method but it's the same between all these paths IMO it's just different language and symbolism. These are all Left Hand Path so it makes sense that the methodology and underlying premise is the same.

I should clarify that on Luciferianism I think that there is more of a focus on balance. In Satanism this is sometimes touched upon for example in the idea of "counter productive pride" ect Setianism as far as I can tell, focuses more on exerting effort towards the realized self, as a process of refinement. Similar to Luciferian in that aspect of balance, but with more of a focus on overcoming the limitations of nature while embracing the more emergent aspects of consciousness.

In other words I think the underlying premises are largely the same, it's a difference of focus in various areas and different sides of similar (although not identical) "puzzles". What some might consider "unnatural" or supernatural I might consider totally "natural" which can really confuse the discussion, so take into consideration I am describing natural as that which is the most innate quality of something even if it is "alien" or "different" from the material world.

You can worship whatever/whoever you want . . . the quest is, why would you want to worship anything other than your Self? I'd like to point out that admiration and emulation are not forms of worshiping.

If one takes the position that Satan's nature and our nature are the same, or at least from the same source, then it is a veneration of the qualities that one seeks to emulate.

Functionally, worship of an archetype is to try to emulate and take on those traits. This is common in symbolic Satanism just without explicit worship. In Tantra, the LHP sects traditionally imitate the deities in a literal sense to take on their traits.

The idea is to become the deity which is synonymous with becoming equal to the deity but distinct because the god is a tool towards liberation . It is worship of Self. The deity is the vessel. This applies to any kind of path that seeks apotheosis.

This kind of worship lies out of fast and hard categories of theism and atheism.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:04:54 am by Kapalika »