Author Topic: satanist friends irl  (Read 346 times)

Kapalika

satanist friends irl
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:15:14 pm »
Know any? I met one recently in my town by chance, and we ended up talking for like 6 hours about stuff last night. They are basically a LaVey flavor (in the vein of straight up LaVey) but all the same we had a good bit in common.

This has made me crave to talk to more Satanists in person... and I'm wondering if any of ya'll know any and how that all goes. I'm thinking of making a meetup or something perhaps to try to draw them out of the woodworks in my city.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Coronella

Re: satanist friends irl
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 07:46:43 am »
I have the same feel of craving likeminded people around me, someone you could exchange ideas with, share your thoughts with a chance to start an serious conversation, laugh together at funny memes the others don’t get (like I just saw a photo related to children, but if I’d share it to any my “child-friendly”-friends, they’d be shocked when in fact it’s quite funny!) and so on..

I was surprised when I went online dating and listed some authors related to the occult - found some who were curious but that was all. None of them was “my type” so that can be one of the reasons..

I am seriously considering to apply to not-to-be-named organization after my life has more room for “hobbies”, it seems the easiest way to find intellectual company. Or to start jogging with a hoodie that clarifies my interests, lol.

On the other hand, doing magick for new contacts doesn’t sound like a bad idea?

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 12:15:07 pm »
Nope :(

"Do not try to make the sun rise by self-sacrifice,  but wait in confidence for the dawn, and enjoy the pleasure of the night."
- Crowley

Mindmaster

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 01:00:45 pm »
Nope :(

Yeah, me neither at least in my early adult years -- well, except my wife. Dunno, does that count? :D

As time went on though I've met plenty through unrelated mutual interests in horror films / comics, music, and so on. So, doing the quick count perhaps about ten total IRL. None of us have done anything together due to some being atheistic, some theistic, and some just kinda dark pagan / Wiccan but digging on the dark lord more than the Goddess, etc. (But, I'd still count them since they venerate Satan not some anthropomorphic/composite Horned God idea.)

Anyway, been at this awhile and todays Satanist is often tomorrows something else -- people are pretty fickle these days and it seems like they try out religions like others switch their underwear. However, it can be pretty entertaining to have someone to converse with directly about various subjects IF they can check their ego at the door, so to speak. (LaVey Satanists annoy me the most in that regard, typically.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:30:33 pm by Mindmaster »

Onyx

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 01:54:58 pm »
...people are pretty fickle these days and it seems like they try out religions like others switch their underwear.

ahahahah