Author Topic: "The Satanic Bible" by Michael Aquino  (Read 2530 times)

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: "The Satanic Bible" by Michael Aquino
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2018, 05:42:44 pm »
I like the book cover and had limited options. The update coming will have the pentagram on the first inside page making the cover a "window" into the book. Just totally forgot the front pages hahaha! First time publisher here Hough, I expected it. The art inside is also a pit fucked up, need to fix it for the update.

Working overtime to uncover
the mysteries of existence
(as described by Onyx)

I have come into being like Set,
the Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity.

Xepera maSet

• Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 05:43:09 pm »
I'm not taking any feedback as negative, it's my first time publishing and totally solo, I was expecting criticisms.

(as described by Onyx)

W_Adam_Smythe

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2018, 06:26:47 am »
One brief note I will add on this topic: Thus far, for obvious reasons it doesn't look like the CoS has given any official opinion on this. It will surprise the Hell out of me if the don't at some point. It is terribly funny to imagine their news section with the headline, "There Is Only One The Satanic Bible."

Yet, some variation has to be inevitable. If for no other reason, after Dr. Aquino's The Satanic Bible has been around long enough, when they get new people who ask, "What Satanic Bible is it best to start out with?" 

Or worse:

When a new person quotes something out of Dr. Aquino's The Satanic Bible, not being the wiser, and someone else asks, "Where does it say that in TSB?" To which our newbie will state a page number and then someone else (who knows maybe a member of the hierarchy may slip up) and ask in return, "What Satanic Bible are you talking about?" and our new person responds, "The one that was put out by Michael Aquino in 2018."

So, yes, at this point, I already have a seat reserved in the theater to watch this tragic comedy unfold.  :)

Onyx

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2018, 07:00:19 pm »
Hardcover version is out, $30, B/W images, gold spline text, dust cover, etc:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/michael-aquino/the-satanic-bible/hardcover/product-23770601.html

Xepera maSet

• Administrator
  • 𓆣𓏏𓏛𓀺𓏇𓃩 𓐣𓂛𓁵𓆖
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2018, 06:48:07 pm »
To be frank the more it settles in the more the title and general theme bothers me. Unnecessary bordering on dishonest. And remasking Setian ideology as original CoS Satanism literally seems to spit in the face of all Aquino has accomplished.

(as described by Onyx)

Onyx

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2018, 08:38:23 pm »
To be frank the more it settles in the more the title and general theme bothers me. Unnecessary bordering on dishonest. And remasking Setian ideology as original CoS Satanism literally seems to spit in the face of all Aquino has accomplished.

I really don't get the title either. The book has some interesting content but I wish it was organized differently.

Kapalika

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2018, 12:14:24 am »
So far I like it, but ya cover and title could of been better. It looks like laveyans are doing a 1 star rating campaign on the amazon page so some of us might want to give real reviews to offset that. That kind of dishonest shit pisses me off they don't say why the book is bad itself just rants about Aquino or the modern Church of Satan being the one true church.

edit: spelling, ect (darn phone)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:06:20 am by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

W_Adam_Smythe

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2018, 03:44:17 am »
So far I like it, but ya cover and title could of been better. It looks like laveyans are doing a 1 star rating campaign on the amazon age so some of us might wamt to give real reviews to offset that. That kind of dishonest shit pisses me off they dont say why the book is bad itself just rnts about aquino or the modern church of satan being the one true church

I agree. Criticism is one thing. Dishonesty is quite another. I just submitted my positive review. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Onyx

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2018, 03:21:18 pm »

W_Adam_Smythe

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2018, 01:48:21 pm »
Yes. That whole website is very good. Stanton is indeed correct about his Grandfather's teachings.

The one thin that I cannot stress enough is the constant word game the Gilmore has played since buying the organization and his title.  At first, and going back to when the Doktor was alive, he certainly used the word Satanist and Satanism a great deal. As time wore on this began to change. The next thing that became big for a while was I-theist. This was only after one of the prominent Magisters had pointed out to some very avid Penn/Teller "Satanists" not to hang their atheism on their Satanism. Thus, I-theist was born and the reason given was that all 'bout you self deification. But even that began to wane and more and more it has become atheist, atheists, and atheism in every single interview that Gilmore gives. This is despite another point that I cannot stress enough that the word atheist is only used in TSB one time and that is to poke fun at the Christian atheists. I guess that matches the one and only one picture reference that he has published of himself and his dear friend Anton LaVey.

But Gilmore's word soup doesn't stop there. As I will be outlining in my upcoming essay for The Imperishable Star. There is plenty of other similar things that I will be talking about.

One other thing that I will mention briefly is that I think we are seeing a much needed reemergence of Satanism and where it was in the mid to late '90's.

I know that Nikolas Schreck has recently had a hand in a book called Satan Superstar by David Flint.

From the sounds of it, Boyd Rice is going to be having a book come out about Anton LaVey.

Stanton started doing his podcast, has been doing some live screenings of Satanis and Speak of The Devil with some unseen footage. Plus, he has turned Anton into one Hell of an artificial human companion.

Obviously, Michael Aquino is back on the scene with The Satanic Bible..endorsed by both Stanton and Dianne. 

So what you are seeing is all of these people coming back who were closely connected to Anton LaVey...and then Peter Gilmore, his one picture of himself with Anton, and his group of card carrying faithful atheists.

The Satanic Temple nearly did Gilmore in. It forced him to do something, get off his candy ass. But what people had grown tired of was his sense of entitlement, the fact that he takes himself far too seriously, and the constant persecution complexes.

The current CoS has had a good twenty year run of acting like assholes, alienating those who were once close to them or at least gave them a chance,  and then whine about how they have been betrayed. People simply get sick of such a lazy one trick pony show.  At least one positive thing may have come from that though. We have seen those people for who and what they are, now the one's who have the experience and know what they are doing are coming back to set the record straight and hopefully be kind enough to put an end to Gilmore's confusion.

Little Beast

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2018, 04:32:11 am »
Very entertaining post.

I'm curious if this revised book is a bit like his work The Church of Satan? I really enjoyed that as a source of information, but found sometimes the disconnection of essay after essay somewhat was rambling.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:35:55 am by Little Beast »
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Myhla

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
Having bought this recently, I have no qualms whatsoever. The title doesn't bother me, and (insofar as I understand it) Aquino's reasoning behind it is sound.

I think it serves absolutely well as a veritable companion to the original SB of LaVey.

Then again, maybe I'm biased. I have a lot of respect of LaVey and his philosophy, as well as Aquino just from my research over the years, and his longstanding association with (and understanding of) the original CoS.

I dunno, I'm willing to take it at face value. It's the first of Aquino's books I've read, and I'm learning a lot. I feel rather indebted to him, and see him as sort of a spiritual-grandfather, haha.

Onyx

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2019, 11:22:09 am »
Not super wild about the title, but whatever, it contains a nice collection of Aquino's ideas and experiences in one place which is what matters the most to me. If someone could only afford one book from Aquino, I would probably recommend this one.

Myhla

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2019, 03:46:16 pm »
Not super wild about the title, but whatever, it contains a nice collection of Aquino's ideas and experiences in one place which is what matters the most to me. If someone could only afford one book from Aquino, I would probably recommend this one.

That's actually one of the reasons I did, haha. I'm pretty sure it was someone here (possibly even yourself earlier in this thread, I forget) that made a similar statement. Seemed like the perfect purchase for me.

I am also looking forward to reading MindStar now (as if I don't have enough books already!).  :mrgreen: