Author Topic: Another book price rant  (Read 242 times)

crossfire

Re: Another book price rant
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:49 pm »
If you want fancy-schmancy snakeskin covered qliphothic grimoires for a better price, try Edgar Kerval. (I don't know if he makes his hand made editions anymore.)
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

idgo

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »
Do people actually buy books at that price point, or is it just a money laundering thing?

Because that's well within the price range that would make it worth my while to hand-bind old grimoires that have fallen into the public domain... I mean, I'd be more into goat hide vellum slaughtered under the full moon and printed with gold ink than disassembling former serpents, but there's definitely a number of hundreds of dollars that would persuade me to figure out how to source snake-skin.

Inlustratus

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 07:44:24 am »
If you want fancy-schmancy snakeskin covered qliphothic grimoires for a better price

It doesn't necessarily have to be a fancy-schmancy snakeskin covered grimoire. It can be a normal paperback book, but those fuckers at ixaxaar don't make normal books. Here's how some other books they publish look like:

*scary satanic text*

Onyx

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 02:27:35 pm »
Well that's an expensive one. There are plenty of rich folks around, years ago there was this one guy who showed up to the metal concerts in a snakeskin jacket, and people used to wear $30k fur coats and shit.

I like the aesthetics and quality, but wish after some grace period they could be put into paperback. I think I kind of understand the business model though: if someone pays a lot of money for an exclusive item they may not be happy if the value goes down if it becomes widely available in a cheaper format.

It looks like the book has been discounted 25%, for a bargain price of $16,350, lol.

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 02:33:19 pm »
I don't know what the hell it is, but here is a book on sale for 20% off resulting in an unbeatable low price of $320,000.

crossfire

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 04:13:52 pm »
If you want fancy-schmancy snakeskin covered qliphothic grimoires for a better price

It doesn't necessarily have to be a fancy-schmancy snakeskin covered grimoire. It can be a normal paperback book, but those fuckers at ixaxaar don't make normal books. Here's how some other books they publish look like:

Edgar Kerval's books are available in paperback. :) I can also give you some leads to others who have helped me to get a grasp on the qliphoth if you'd like via PM.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Inlustratus

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 04:23:53 pm »
Edgar Kerval's books are available in paperback. :) I can also give you some leads to others who have helped me to get a grasp on the qliphoth if you'd like via PM.

I'm always glad to learn more :)
*scary satanic text*

Xepera maSet

• Xepera maSet utcha ahAsartchet
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Southern Deserts
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 05:54:26 pm »
Yeah if I wanted to make shit off my book I'd need it to cost at least like $30 a copy. $50 to be worth it. It's $15 right now and not even half goes to me!

Working overtime to uncover
the mysteries of existence
(as described by Onyx)

I have come into being like Set,
the Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity.

Kapalika

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 01:00:22 am »

At least that is a historical, one of a kind document written by a member of a very powerful family back in it's day.

I don't know what the hell it is, but here is a book on sale for 20% off resulting in an unbeatable low price of $320,000.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Little Beast

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 10:39:01 am »
Do people actually buy books at that price point, or is it just a money laundering thing?

I laffed.

Do you want my honest opinion? Well *don't mind if I do* it's gonna happen. I have been SOOOO "disenfranchised" with the capitalist fuckbus that is "occult" publishing that I threw my favourite grimoires in THE BIN just so the guys who work the dump can read them. They were very costly in the monetary sense. Good thing I actually care about the immaterial and can't give a flying fuck as to how many pathetic darklords would have loved to instagram the covers of those tomes all over their "alternative narrative".

IMO... sell stuff overpriced? You support EVERYTHING the occult isn't. The hidden lies within, and can NEVER be bought.
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Inlustratus

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 01:22:39 pm »
I threw my favourite grimoires in THE BIN just so the guys who work the dump can read them.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but throwing them in the trash probably wasn't the best idea. Maybe donating them to a library would be better. Or even better, giving them to a fellow left-hand path practitioner.
*scary satanic text*

NEMO 93

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 05:36:48 pm »
That's out of print and limited edition. Any book that's out of print or original edition will be most likely to be ridiculously expensive. Not sure if that is original or second edition but Ixaxaar just had a reprint. There "normal" editions are anywhere from 45 to 65 euros for the most part, which is still expensive but they put out so few things a year now that it makes sense. I don't see how else 2-4 books a year without constant circulation could be profitable and it creates a constant quality control as opposed to fallofman and scarlet imprint, and ixaxaar's early books.

Little Beast

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2019, 08:52:13 pm »
Maybe donating them to a library would be better. Or even better, giving them to a fellow left-hand path practitioner.

Hahaha, "never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

"The bin" was one of those community library thingos, like a cupboard in a public place people swap books at (we call them "book bins" here). "The guys who work the dump" are anyone stuck in the capitalist whorehouse we call a society. Mind you, I know literally everything that goes in actual bins gets sorted at the tip were I was living. The tip shop also was, always will be, the most interesting shop in that whole city.

Believe me, if there was someone who practiced that particular paradigm I would have given the tomes directly to them. Given those circumstances, it was far more efficient (in the magical sense) as a practitioner of Chaos based magic to let Chaos itself make the decisions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:02:37 pm by Little Beast »
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink