Author Topic: Thou Art Darkest  (Read 166 times)

Inlustratus

Thou Art Darkest
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:05:18 pm »
Holy fuck!

*scary satanic text*

Kapalika

Re: Thou Art Darkest
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:54:02 am »
Diabolical Celibate! Intense but what was with the fat woman? The rest I pretty well understood.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Little Beast

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:49:06 am »
That's shithouse.

Fat women are fine. If I see anymore posts like this I'll threaten to kill myself on an instagram or something. I will leave this forum unless I get two thousand updoots.

Worst. Post. Here. Ever. Cunt.
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Inlustratus

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:20 pm »

Thanks  ;)
*scary satanic text*

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Desert
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41:11 pm »
The hate against "big girls" is a conspiracy by scrawny women who know they would lose their man after one minute with a goddess :)

"My step is great,
that I may traverse the sky!"

Behold Set, the Prince of Darkness, He of Two Faces, Soul of the Heavenly Serpent. I am Set the Separator, who Contends Against Osiris for Eternity. I have Come Into Being Like Set. I Am King!

Mindmaster

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 06:56:08 pm »
The hate against "big girls" is a conspiracy by scrawny women who know they would lose their man after one minute with a goddess :)

Eh, been married for a long time. :D

Anyway, weight shifts up and down with age if this is a sticker you'll never find a keeper. Women gain weight and lose weight just like anyone else, and certainly put on a lot during child birth no matter what. Though, admittedly, I dig 'em healthy weight, not uber thin. If I feel like I'm going to break 'em far too skinny, not interested. Drastically over-weight, and all I see is medical bills. :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:59:59 pm by Mindmaster »

Frater Sisyphus

• Something out of nothing, nothing out of something
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:50:22 am »
Anyway, weight shifts up and down with age if this is a sticker you'll never find a keeper. Women gain weight and lose weight just like anyone else, and certainly put on a lot during child birth no matter what. Though, admittedly, I dig 'em healthy weight, not uber thin. If I feel like I'm going to break 'em far too skinny, not interested. Drastically over-weight, and all I see is medical bills. :D

That's exactly how I feel about it and well said! ...Similarly with how some men like women that look really fucking young (and if you ever see those types out on a date when you pass a bar or restaurant, it looks like an adult with a fucking child, even though the chick is an adult). It doesn't compute to me.
Too skinny, too fat or too young-looking and I'm immediately disinterested. I like a chick with some 'flesh' on her, just not obese  :P

The universe is a speck

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 01:58:40 am »

Thanks  ;)

I gotta admit this made me laugh.

Though, admittedly, I dig 'em healthy weight, not uber thin. If I feel like I'm going to break 'em far too skinny, not interested. Drastically over-weight, and all I see is medical bills. :D

As a woman primarily into women and isn't a whale and hell of not into them, I feel both attacked and grossed out at the same time.

Joking aside, obesity is kind of a turn off for me. It's at the point that whenever I complain about being 20 or 30 pounds too heavy, people tell me I'm not at all fat. But tha 20 or 30 puts me into the overweight range...

Of course I don't know what to expect in a society that enables those who are 100, 200 pounds overweight. I'm not saying to bully them or anything, but at some point it's just too much. This isn't like ancient China or some poverty stricken region where fattness meant financial security. On the contrary poverty increases your likelihood of becoming obese in developed countries.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:18:37 am by Kapalika »

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

idgo

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 07:08:28 pm »
Let's see if we can't haul it this discussion out of its mire of self-centered sexual TMI and back into LHP usefulness:

Try reading each "character" shown in the film the way you'd unpack the symbolism on, say, a new deck of tarot cards. Through such a lens, I really don't see a better way to portray worldly indulgence than through bodies culturally recognized to represent the endpoint of hedonism (entirely aside from the question of the relationship between that stereotype and medical fact). (There's Large Chick In Red and Large Chick In Black, serving distinctly different symbolic roles through the film, and it's not clear from y'all's shitposting which of those you're even discussing.)

If I was better at face recognition, I would likely be able to spot where every individual from the paintings occurs in the crowd, and draw a more useful analysis. But working with what I've got, it's still pretty clear that there's a strong commentary about self-image if you look for it. For instance, consider Blonde Guy With Microphone and Bald Androgynous Individual. BGWM appears as the star (with literal Jesus imagery) of Paintings World and also the star of Party World... whereas BAI is shown where you'd put a close confidante or servant in Paintings World but just another member of the crowd in Party World.

Anyways, if you juxtapose the Paintings World and Party World of the video, which is more "real"? I see more direct imagery of supernatural entities in Party World than in Paintings World, which could be incidental or it could be an artistic way of echoing the classic "we are deities ourselves" motif.

Kapalika

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:48 pm »
Ya I wasn't commenting on her being fat, just the actual being there and what she represented. I just said fat to identify which person I was talking about lol

That said, good analysis, a lot better than what I got out of it.

Mindmaster

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:12 pm »
Of course I don't know what to expect in a society that enables those who are 100, 200 pounds overweight. I'm not saying to bully them or anything, but at some point it's just too much. This isn't like ancient China or some poverty stricken region where fattness meant financial security. On the contrary poverty increases your likelihood of becoming obese in developed countries.

People often mistake "concern" for "fat shaming", people that don't know you when they see something obviously wrong may make a comment about the first thing they see. If you're a land whale, that's what they see. But, truthfully, most of them just think something is wrong and the person needs help. It's not all bad... :D But, they're probably right -- if you hear a lot of comments about your weight, then your weight is a problem take it as a cue to do something about it. If you don't hear that from other people then it's in your head, and a different problem, lol.

Anyway, with that being said I am against all ideas of normalizing obesity -- I am aware there are medical conditions that cause it, but the primary cause is poor diet -- it's repairable. Simple diligence to the matter, in most cases, can resolve it. And, continuing on in that hefty fashion isn't good for anyone -- physically or mentally.

Kapalika

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 01:08:16 am »
Well I don't try to make comments about people in wheel chairs... ect

so uh ya the symbolism and stuff.

idgo

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 06:10:03 am »
What's everybody's speculation about the symbolism of Bald Androgynous Individual, anyway? I find the juxtaposition of their position of Very Important in the paintings' reality and Just Some Pleb In The Crowd in party reality pretty challenging to shake a clear interpretation out of.

Also, are the masked, red-clad ladies reading as specific entities from any of your traditions? I feel like they look familiar but I'm not well enough versed in enough mythologies to pin a name to their imagery.

Mindmaster

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 05:45:11 am »
Well I don't try to make comments about people in wheel chairs... ect

so uh ya the symbolism and stuff.

Meh, if you exist... I already told that joke...

:D

Limits are boring...