Author Topic: Order of the Serpent Update: June 2017  (Read 653 times)

Xepera maSet

Order of the Serpent Update: June 2017
« on: June 22, 2017, 05:12:09 pm »

Hello again! First and foremost, a grand welcome to the newest member of the O.S.: Kheper. They have written a very interesting essay on the Egyptian concept of “Xeper” as it relates to the Will to Power of Nietzsche, which will be appearing in Volume II of The Imperishable Star, the O.S. newsletter.

On that note, the current plan is for The Imperishable Star to have v. II out at the end of summer, hopefully by the end of August or early September, and then to release a third volume before year's end. Of course quality beats quantity, so this is a very rough timeline.

There was an issue with the O.S. Forum not sending out confirmation emails, which held up registration for a while. We deeply apologize, but everything now seems to be working. There is an increasing population on the forum, and it is active at a daily level. Behind the scenes we are hoping to add a much broader array of sub-forums for ease of reading, more specific posting, and to hopefully inspire more users to ponder the issues. As it has and will continue to do, the O.S. will remain a place for advanced and in-depth discussion of the LHP and life, monitored for trolls, fascists, and the deranged alike. This forum will not allow itself to deteriorate like so many others of its kind over the years.

The Order is also looking for more benefits it can bring to its members to aide in our mutual and personal growth. Several things are already in place, such as a private forum and the ability to freely publish in The Imperishable Star as necessary. We are also in the process of collecting a large occult library of PDFs, available to members for free. Similar to sub-Orders like in other organizations, we hope to split into small teams to work on larger projects, including creation of a YouTube channel, podcasts, larger publishing works, and so on. Optional group rituals will likely be set up in the coming weeks or months, to help connect members across the world on a more magical level. It is also our plan to set up optional conclaves, possibly as soon as this coming winter. Another almost certain implementation will be in-depth reading groups, involving things like a week or month long study of 1 or 2 chapters from a text (for example, focusing on AL chapter I for the month of September). Finally, the O.S. is looking into things such as certificates and cards of membership, plaques, altar cloths, pendants, etc. In every possible instance these will be made by O.S. members internally, though if there comes a need for third parties or expensive supplies, the O.S., as always, will never itself make the slightest financial profits off members.

Finally, I (Xepera maSet) have returned to working on my book, “A look at Setianism from Outside the Temple of Set.” I am hoping this can be published through Amazon or something similar, in order to sell it electronically and not need to buy supplies. While an independent and non-O.S. work, it is still part of my beliefs to not take advantage of occultists by charging for knowledge. That said, physical copies will be provided to O.S. members when the book is finished.

As always, we are extremely thankful to all members, forum participants, and general supporters. Trust me, it would be much easier not to update everyone on a monthly basis! Even just the kind words or continued interest are appreciated. Remember, the O.S. Forum is free and open to anyone willing to act in a respectful manner. It is not for us, it is for all followers of the Left Hand Path, and all those interested in the Left Hand Path.

Like the Ancient Serpent, so too may you endure!
- Xepera maSet

The Imperishable Star v. I: http://orderoftheserpent.org/star.html

AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Sutekh

Re: Order of the Serpent Update: June 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »
@Xepera maSet Have a question, are the group rituals in the future will be off online or discussed and planned online? Also about the conclaves, how do you plan to set them up since I am guessing it's offline to the real world.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »
@Xepera maSet  another question, will you post the news when the Private Forums are open? Also since the Imperishable Star newsletter can be published by several members of the order would permission need to be asked to the Administrators on editing and publishing ones work within the newsletter?
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:36:52 pm »
On group rituals: it will depend on what everyone is interested in. Of course it is easy to do online rituals now with things like Skype, but it's also easy to coordinate a time and ritual.

On the member forum: I am not sure how one obtains access, as all this forum running is far beyond me. If members have an issue they should PM setamontet, onyx, and myself. 

On the newsletter: to clarify, all essays must be submitted for the newsletter, and I guess technically approved. I say technically because it would have to be an extreme circumstance for us to turn down a paper, especially for people who are already members. We are also theoretically open to non-member essays, but that is for a case by case discussion right now. If a non-member wants an article in the newsletter, please pm Onyx, Setamontet, and myself. I personally edit the articles as of right now for clarity only, though submissions should be more or less final drafts. I don't want to mess with anyone's work too much. We are looking into different free programs to make the letters on so all members have access to the draft. 
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

xx
Order of the Serpent Update, May 2017

Started by Xepera maSet on Announcements

0 Replies
Last post May 14, 2017, 06:03:53 pm
by Xepera maSet
xx
Order of the Serpent Update - November 2017

Started by Xepera maSet on Announcements

0 Replies
Last post November 15, 2017, 12:11:05 am
by Xepera maSet