Author Topic: Any good works on the Slavic Tradition?  (Read 84 times)

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Desert
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Any good works on the Slavic Tradition?
« on: December 30, 2018, 05:25:31 pm »
Any good works on the Slavic Tradition?

"My step is great,
that I may traverse the sky!"

Behold Set, the Prince of Darkness, He of Two Faces, Soul of the Heavenly Serpent. I am Set the Separator, who Contends Against Osiris for Eternity. I have Come Into Being Like Set. I Am King!

Inlustratus

Re: Any good works on the Slavic Tradition?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 05:38:08 pm »
I have no fucking idea, but maybe, as a Slav, I can answer some questions if have any specific ones.
*scary satanic text*

Inlustratus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 06:00:35 pm »
Although I haven't read this one, it does look promising.
"Slavic Witchcraft: Old World Conjuring Spells and Folklore" It contains instructions for spells and magic in general, stories about pagan gods as well as how to use the spells more effectively. https://www.amazon.com/Slavic-Witchcraft-Conjuring-Spells-Folklore-ebook/dp/B07JZ5P9LY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1546192129&sr=1-1&keywords=slavic+paganism

*scary satanic text*

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Desert
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 08:10:48 pm »
I mean I'd like to study the tradition in full, centralled on the god Veles, with any Romanian / Hungarian importance noted.

"My step is great,
that I may traverse the sky!"

Behold Set, the Prince of Darkness, He of Two Faces, Soul of the Heavenly Serpent. I am Set the Separator, who Contends Against Osiris for Eternity. I have Come Into Being Like Set. I Am King!

idgo

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 12:16:34 am »
I just stumbled across a Reddit comment from awhile back, purporting to answer roughly this question: https://www.reddit.com/r/pagan/comments/4t1nli/anyone_know_of_any_books_about_rodnovery_slavic/d5e0d5q/

Do you want books on the modern version of it, or on Slavic pre-Christian religion? Here are some books, mostly on the latter:

Curtin, Jeremiah. Myths & Folktales of the Russians, Western Slavs and Magyars. Boston, MA: Little, Brown & Co. 1890.

Dolak, George. The Religious Beliefs and Practices of the Ancient Slavs. Springfield, IL: Concordia Theological Society, 1949.

Downing, Charles. Russian Tales and Legends. UK: Oxford University Press, 1956

Fedotov, G.P. The Russian Religious Mind. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1946.

Ivanits, Linda. Russian Folk Belief. Armonk, New York: M.E. Sharpe, Inc., 1992.

Johnson, Kenneth. Slavic Sorcery. St. Paul: Llewellyn Publications, 1998.

Kmietowicz, Frank A. Slavic Mythical Beliefs. Windsor, Ontario: Self published, 1982.

Lofstedt, Torsten M. Russian Legends about Forest Spirits in the Context of Northern European Mythology. University of California, Berkeley, 1993

Oinas, Felix and Soudakoff, Stephen (ed). The Study of Russian Folklore. Indiana University Press, 1975.

Oinas, Felix J. Essays on Russian Folklore and Mythology. Columbus, OH: Slavica Publishers, 1985.

Perkowski, Jan. The Darkling: A Treatise on Slavic Vampirism and Vampires of the Slavs.

Ralston, William. Russian Folk Tales. London, 1873

Siminov, Pyotr. Essential Russian Mythology. London: Thorsons, 1997.

Sokolov, Iu. M. Russian Folklore. trans by Catherine Ruth Smith. Detroit, Mich: Folklore Associates, 1971

Strakhovsky, Leonid I. Handbook of Slavic Studies. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press, 1949.

Tempest, Snejana J. Water: Folk Belief, Ritual and the East Slavic Wondertale. Yale University, 1993

The Mythology of All Races, Vol. III.

Warner, Elizabeth. Heroes, Monsters and Other Worlds from Russian Mythology. NY: Schocken Books, 1985.

Znayenko, Myroslava T. The Gods of the Ancient Slavs. Columbus, OH: Slavica Publishers, 1980.

NEMO 93

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:24 pm »
Great Perfection Doctrine is pretty cool.