Author Topic: Excuse me, what the fuck  (Read 333 times)

Inlustratus

Excuse me, what the fuck
« on: December 20, 2018, 06:38:03 pm »
I understand that LaVeyan Satanism, being a "modern form", is the easiest and most acceptable form of Satanism. "Wanna be a Satanist? Here, pay us this amount and you are officially a Satanist." If you're a LaVeyan Satanist - great, be whatever you want. But don't be one thing. A hypocrite.
*scary satanic text*

Onyx

Re: Excuse me, what the fuck
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:09:20 pm »
Most people into LaVey's Satanism don't order "red cards", but I agree that Satanism does not equate to pleasing oneself. Even LaVey himself used terms like Indulgence (while avoiding compulsion), and that Satanism demands study instead of worship.

Set slaying Apep kind of represents "controlled chaos". Satanism, etc, in my view is about controlling the business of life, instead of allowing it to control you whether physically or spiritually. Petting yourself on the back once in a while is fine, but that is not the entire situation of this thing called "Becoming".

Sitting around enjoying PlayStation all day won't produce the results that getting out there in the real world will. Better have a thick skin and cat's eyes if you're really ever going to survive the Forest of Darkness in search of true freedom.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:18:33 pm by Onyx »

Etu Malku

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:45:45 pm »
I'm not a Satanist however I know enough who are. That said, Satanism is about the carnality of us, the 'human' aspect of us. On top of this, there is a drive towards various forms of apotheosis. Becoming a god (for lack of depth) has much to do with seeking out things in life which not only are desirable and enjoyable but also beneficial to one's physical and mental existence.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Mephistopheles of the Desert
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 12:02:15 am »
Haha, what sub is that?

"My step is great,
that I may traverse the sky!"

Behold Set, the Prince of Darkness, He of Two Faces, Soul of the Heavenly Serpent. I am Set the Separator, who Contends Against Osiris for Eternity. I have Come Into Being Like Set. I Am King!

Little Beast

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:13:59 am »
I'm not a Satanist however I know enough who are. That said, Satanism is about the carnality of us, the 'human' aspect of us.

As much as I love your work and truly respect you as a fifth degree in two organisations I know of this is blatantly false. The Judeo-Roman version of "Satanism" (such as LaVeyanism and "reverse Catholics") we don't recognise, and in an empirical sense the descriptor (Satanism) only relies on adversarial as its practical definition. Personally I find the term "iconoclast" to be more accurate for practitioners of Satanism (in the Greek sense of the former word) as a religious paradigm. Otherwise "groupies", "slam-monkeys" and "smash-grabbers" are needlessly included in a vast collective of very aware individuals. If I wanted to be a "satanist" in the definition you utilised I'd just go out and rape and kill people happily. I'm extremely fortunate that I'm an ACTUAL Satanist, relying on my own religion's definitions of my faith rather than some twat in the sixties (such as Howard Levey) who decided copyrighting something changes the meaning of words.

It didn't. Etu, your salient points as to the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism are ever valid - but until the formation of a protestant style coup in the broader Satanic community I doubt they'll become widely accepted. Traditional Satanists like myself REALLY LOVE the light and the dark entwined as definitive of the meaning of the gnosis, and no capitalist and Americanised "McSatanism" will change my thoughts on this matter, nor those of the other fun loving criminals we call our own.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:05:49 pm by Little Beast »
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Inlustratus

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 02:52:52 pm »
Haha, what sub is that?

r/satanism, obviously.
*scary satanic text*

Mindmaster

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »
I'm not a Satanist however I know enough who are. That said, Satanism is about the carnality of us, the 'human' aspect of us. On top of this, there is a drive towards various forms of apotheosis. Becoming a god (for lack of depth) has much to do with seeking out things in life which not only are desirable and enjoyable but also beneficial to one's physical and mental existence.

Personally, I think Satanism is about a lot more than carnality. There is a lot of focus on that, but honestly it's just a worthless distraction and sort of a do-nothing proposition in the first place. I mean, we are by nature carnal -- it takes zero effort at all. :D

At the nature of apotheosis, I diverge, as it is much more important to realize you are of divine than thinking you must become it. It's sort of like going on a journey of self-discovery and then finding out it was all right here, where you stand. In that context, obsession with carnal desires often becomes a distraction by filling holes in the personality and covering up flaws. In many ways, it's nothing more than a way to procrastinate away from the difficulties accepting this information. Often, I find with people pursuing "apotheosis" is that they find some comfortable stopping point like working some rituals successfully and think that means anything. They really just stoke their egos by brandishing their wizard-peen and miss the whole point of the exercise. I still think there is a point to such things, aka convincing yourself that there is a lot more to the universe than your brain box -- but, it's not the end game. Because you've found a few of the master's tools and learned to use them doesn't mean you became the master. Well, not yet, anyway. :D

Of course, no real amount of explanation is going to expose that truth. We've all got our little fortress of distractions and delusions. It's rather easy to communicate the concepts, but until you know it's just someone's forum post, ideas, or whatever. The individual, as a container of 'I', is complex, but this realization is the ultimate goal of all spiritual paths, Satanism included. Satanism just takes the tack off opposition/carnality initially, but if it doesn't grow past that for an individual there is no development beyond that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:57:34 pm by Mindmaster »

Mindmaster

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 09:18:35 pm »
Sitting around enjoying PlayStation all day won't produce the results that getting out there in the real world will. Better have a thick skin and cat's eyes if you're really ever going to survive the Forest of Darkness in search of true freedom.

It's really hard to judge this outside of what I'd call, "a master's head space". They may be doing things that the world at large finds lazy, useless, or whatever. However, they know why it must be done and what need is being fulfilled. So, they know why they play the video game -- but, it's certainly more than vegging out or killing time.

Likewise, success in the real world means less than nothing to them unless it is fundamental to their nature to do so. They're not in competition with anyone at all. If they appear to toil or seek success it is only because it is a necessary component of their being, not because they obtain some joy from conquering their foes or obtain a fat pile of cash. They aren't doing things to be 'recognized', either. All of those things taken at the base level would be ego traps for the mundane folks. They'd think they're hot shit at that point, but really nothing for them has progressed -- they just just have more money or fame, etc.

Etu Malku

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 06:32:24 pm »
I'm not a Satanist however I know enough who are. That said, Satanism is about the carnality of us, the 'human' aspect of us.

As much as I love your work and truly respect you as a fifth degree in two organisations I know of this is blatantly false. The Judeo-Roman version of "Satanism" (such as LaVeyanism and "reverse Catholics") we don't recognise, and in an empirical sense the descriptor (Satanism) only relies on adversarial as its practical definition. Personally I find the term "iconoclast" to be more accurate for practitioners of Satanism (in the Greek sense of the former word) as a religious paradigm. Otherwise "groupies", "slam-monkeys" and "smash-grabbers" are needlessly included in a vast collective of very aware individuals. If I wanted to be a "satanist" in the definition you utilised I'd just go out and rape and kill people happily. I'm extremely fortunate that I'm an ACTUAL Satanist, relying on my own religion's definitions of my faith rather than some twat in the sixties (such as Howard Levey) who decided copyrighting something changes the meaning of words.

It didn't. Etu, your salient points as to the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism are ever valid - but until the formation of a protestant style coup in the broader Satanic community I doubt they'll become widely accepted. Traditional Satanists like myself REALLY LOVE the light and the dark entwined as definitive of the meaning of the gnosis, and no capitalist and Americanised "McSatanism" will change my thoughts on this matter, nor those of the other fun loving criminals we call our own.
I've admitted this before, on several groups/forums . . . perhaps I really never did 'get' Satanism. This isn't the first time I've been called out on my perspectives about it.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Kapalika

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 11:41:32 pm »
Carnal-spiritual. LHP in general embraces the carnal as a tool towards the spiritual. The mistake is when makes the carnal becomes the end all, be all and the only focus. Just plain hedonism for the sake of hedonism.

You can have both. That's kinda why we are LHP. Onyx touched on this but you can even see it in LaVey's writings (indulgence not compulsion), and you can also see it in ancient LHP so I don't think it's exclusive to Satanism but it's most pronounced in Satanism I think.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Inlustratus

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 07:36:04 am »
What the fuck even is internet anymore?
Many obviously don't know what ego is. It's cool to be proud. You should have a strong sense of self. But ego is not self. Ego is the parasite in your brain (ok, that might be a bit harsh) that forces you to have egocentric and only materialistic thoughts. I've been inspired by ToTBL and here's what they said on their site:

Our 'I' (the ego) is shaped and formed by the limitations of cosmic existence, while our Self, which is the wholeness of our inner Acausal core beyond the hylic forms of our ego, is the same as the latent inner force of Chaos, that we call the Black Flame.
The 'I' is the focal point of the Self that has bound and fixated it to the cosmos, which it has been tricked to glance at. The ego/'I' is therefore the 'conscious' or 'dayside' mind and the 'I'/eye which is blinded by the 'light' of the cosmos. The Self, on the other hand, is the Spirit and the Flame of Chaos beyond the gates of the 'unconscious' mind. The Self is therefore the dark (as in 'outside the light of the false god') and hidden essence that links us to the primeval Chaos and the Acausal.

Now, I'm an archetypal Luciferian and I don't literally believe what they say, but after reading what I could get my hands on, everything seems to be a metaphor for what I actually believe.

I am not bashing anybody who follows LaVey, but I am bashing everybody who's egocentric. Be whatever you want except a dick.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:56:23 pm by Inlustratus »
*scary satanic text*

Etu Malku

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 02:49:59 pm »
Regarding the 'Ego' . . .

"The ego is the center of consciousness, whereas the Self is the center of the total personality, which includes consciousness, the unconscious, and the ego. The Self is both the whole and the center. While the ego is a self-contained little circle off the center contained within the whole, the Self can be understood as the greater circle"
- Carl Jung

Ego, in and of itself is the balance between Id (reptilian/animal/instinctual) Self and the Superego (inflated, megalomania, delusions of grandeur) Self. A balanced, contained Ego is desired. Where the Ego can fail is when it is not Individuated. It then becomes the reflection of our false self and not our true Self, a projection of our desires and our shadows. The Western LHP is not to give up on or surrender the Ego, also not to overly focus on Ego, but to synchronize, synthesize, and expand Ego to reflect our Higher Self.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

crossfire

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 07:03:12 pm »
Ego questions and examines both the desires of the Id and the disciplarianism of the superego.  The ego fails when it doesn't recognize these and know them for what they are.  Methinks much of this hubbub regarding the "evils" of the ego comes from those who are either dedicated to the Id or are dedicated to the Superego, and don't like the ego looking into their tender spots.

Your mileage may vary.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Little Beast

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 09:10:34 am »
I've admitted this before, on several groups/forums . . . perhaps I really never did 'get' Satanism. This isn't the first time I've been called out on my perspectives about it.

Not at all, not at all. We used to discuss this frequently. I actually DO believe you know what Satanism is, it's just that in order to distance yourself from the sheer dickheadishry of the majority of its practitioners you prefer the term Luciferianism, and quite a mercurious distinction your point is.
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Kapalika

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 12:19:30 am »
Eh I'd prefer links rather than SS's to the source material. Made it hard to follow.

Also that formatting in the quote wasn't fixed.

I tend to not get into trying to define the ego as I think Satanic vs normal people vs Dharmic vs psychology understandings are all somewhat different. Too much to get lost in translation. Throw in all the other LHP flavors that branched off of Satanism and they got their own view too that's some mix of all of those.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo