Author Topic: Light, Dark, and Feminine Divine  (Read 215 times)

Kapalika

Light, Dark, and Feminine Divine
« on: November 22, 2018, 11:32:36 am »

(Male is Om, upwards triangle. Female is Hrim, downwards triangle. Dot is the self. this symbol is used frequently in hindu tantra)

The greatest of two axes. The expression of the nondual-dual. The living contradiction of male and female, manifested and unmanifested. Formed and unformed. In my Satanic expression, I call this by my own terms "that which extends within and without" as well as "the vessel and mirror". The macrocosm and microcosm, the subjective and objective.

The trinity of 1 Anu (darkness-light) which is the individuated subjective self, 2 Shakti (darkness) which is the objective reality and 3 Shiva (light) which is the Supreme I consciousness... that is the expression in Trika of the relation between all of these things and the spaces in between.

Male is light, male is inert and foundation. Female is expression, change and acts upon, as Darkness, upon the light.

In the 36 Tattva system, Shuddha vidya (pure knowledge) is attained when Darkness and Light are in equilibrium.

But I don't think that the balance of light and darkness is equal light and darkness.

To quote an article on my site:

"...Ashes, Satan, Shiva becomes simultaneously an array of individuated parts as well as a whole through means of emanationism. It’s nature being comparable to Rajas, is also synonymous with Kālī, the fierce form of Shakti, who’s domains is time and change. Rajas is motion, energy and passion. It’s (even traditionally) considered individualizing and so makes the most sense as the center point.

Interestingly, since we can equate Kālī with Rajas and Satan, we can realize that Darkness is dominant over Light, since Darkness is also her domain along with love and death."

In Satanism, I worship Darkness above all. "Satan is the only Truth" is my maxim upon which all others rest.

In Kashmir Shaivism, we worship Shakti as the means to Shiva. We worship Darkness.

One of the original Sanskrit terms for "Left Hand Path" it is "vamachara" but there is a lot of debate if it is "vāmā" or "vāma". The former is "woman" the latter is "left". I think it's a superstate of both, in ways.

I believe in Darkness. I believe in the Goddess. This is not to say that I worship unconsciousness... I simply worship the unmanifested potential of chaos and darkness itself which in a myriad of ways births it's own emanations of conscious deities, awareness and entities (just as we came into being). It is in many ways alive, but not of a consciousness of which we can formulate with our limited definitions and understandings. Darkness as an entity is Lovecraftian as is some of it's less human intelligences it has birthed from the more primal levels of chaos.

Worship of Death (Om Kreem Kali!) is just a nice bonus. What is life, but supported by death? It's the entropy of Satan. Satan is Kali, and Kali is Darkness. We exist because of the Darkness we are born into. We may return to Shiva...

...but then we realize that Shiva too, is of Darkness. Hail to Lilith!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:41:10 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Little Beast

Re: Light, Dark, and Feminine Divine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 11:31:52 am »
Light and dark is too dualistic for me, I prefer terms like "purple monkey dishwater" and "whooops, were's my thribble?" for things like this. Also, as far as my own divination of the feminine, I've noticed there's a third option from her two faced partner.
I'll be a thorn in your side,
'Til you die
I'll be a thorn in your side
For All Ways

- Chvrches - We Sink

Kapalika

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 11:21:34 pm »
Light and dark is too dualistic for me, I prefer terms like "purple monkey dishwater" and "whooops, were's my thribble?" for things like this. Also, as far as my own divination of the feminine, I've noticed there's a third option from her two faced partner.

It is dual but also not dual in source; the same force in two different directions. The third option is the combined shiva-shakti state perhaps? Hence Satan, Shakti and Shiva or Anu, Shakti and Shiva triads (former mine, latter traditional).

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 12:53:37 pm »
Excellent post. Any reason why the video is unavailable now?

The dark, primordial feminine is the energy Shakti in the macrocosm and her microcosmic manifestation is the Kundalini Shakti in the microcosm. She represents chaos and destruction, but also freedom from the mundane and new, unknown territories and expeditions) (too much order = Orwellian and stagnation). She is both the Malkuth world (Eve or Maya) and her flip side Lilith Qlipha (Kundalini Shakti that resides in the Muladhara Chakra that liberates one from the Maya).  Shakti and her various "Roudra" anthropomorphism (Kali and the 10 Mahavidyas) represent the manifestation of the Kundalini. This anthropomorphism, even if you look at it from a purely Jungian Perspective, is perhaps the most ideal way one can pass through the dark recess of one's own subconscious, into the light -- by relating to it as one's own mother.
Found:

Hail Lilith!

Kapalika

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 01:23:52 pm »

Works fine for me, might be regional.

Here's another upload, but the track has 2 or 3 minutes of silent audio at the end of the video:

. She is both the Malkuth world (Eve or Maya) and her flip side Lilith Qlipha (Kundalini Shakti that resides in the Muladhara Chakra that liberates one from the Maya).  Shakti and her various "Roudra" anthropomorphism (Kali and the 10 Mahavidyas) represent the manifestation of the Kundalini. This anthropomorphism, even if you look at it from a purely Jungian Perspective, is perhaps the most ideal way one can pass through the dark recess of one's own subconscious, into the light -- by relating to it as one's own mother.
Found:

Hail Lilith!

I follow most of what you are saying, but I think I'll need to read that link at the end to fully get the Kabbalah of references (Kabbalah isn't one an area I'm familiar with)... I just came to check in real quick before going to sleep, that article is pretty darn long. I'll come back to this after I read the article, from skimming it it looks pretty comprehensive and of interest.

By the way, I dig your screenname :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:28:30 pm by Kapalika »

__metztli

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »
Thank you Kapalika for the link on Lilith.

Theres a lot of great material and reference that isnt watered down, and links to further explanations.

I have practiced Kundalini meditation (light versions on YouTube)before, but this is more from a RHP perspective. Im really trying to look beyond western judeo christian mythology.

Again, thank you

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 11:57:35 am »

Works fine for me, might be regional.

Here's another upload, but the track has 2 or 3 minutes of silent audio at the end of the video:

. She is both the Malkuth world (Eve or Maya) and her flip side Lilith Qlipha (Kundalini Shakti that resides in the Muladhara Chakra that liberates one from the Maya).  Shakti and her various "Roudra" anthropomorphism (Kali and the 10 Mahavidyas) represent the manifestation of the Kundalini. This anthropomorphism, even if you look at it from a purely Jungian Perspective, is perhaps the most ideal way one can pass through the dark recess of one's own subconscious, into the light -- by relating to it as one's own mother.
Found:

Hail Lilith!

I follow most of what you are saying, but I think I'll need to read that link at the end to fully get the Kabbalah of references (Kabbalah isn't one an area I'm familiar with)... I just came to check in real quick before going to sleep, that article is pretty darn long. I'll come back to this after I read the article, from skimming it it looks pretty comprehensive and of interest.

By the way, I dig your screenname :D

Thanks. I'll likely use that music for a psychedelic trip. It interests me the most to find parallels and underlying universal truths that hide behind all traditions. Glad you liked my screenname :-)

Liu

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 11:20:11 am »
I can quite relate to this description of the divine, but what I find thought-provoking is whether it really makes that much sense to consider the matter-aspect feminine and the consciousness-aspect masculine, even if just metaphorically.
I mean, I generally find it problematic to call anything ultimately feminine or masculine, but well, let's see whether things work better if we take merely the dualism of female and male instead as the base of the metaphors.

So, let's first see which traditions attribute which part to which:

Female as matter and male as consciousness: Hinduism (Shakti & Shiva), Kabbalah (Shekinah & YHVH)
Female as matter (without male counterpart): Mesopotamian polytheism (Tiamat)

Male as matter and female as consciousness: Gnosticism (Demiurge & Sophia), Christianity (Satan & Holy Spirit or human soul)
Male (or genderless) as matter (without female counterpart): Indo-European creation-myths (Hinduism: Purusha, Germanic myths: Ymir)

Those approaches differ quite a bit and some might be a stretch and there are probably many more that I simply don't know or didn't think of. But both approaches seem to at least be possible.

Some thoughts:

Why would we call matter female and consciousness male?
  • Because we are all born from a female, i.e. that's what gives us our body.
  • Because we are surrounded by matter, which some might associate with being in a womb, and out of the earth grow plants as if it was their womb.
  • Because matter seems less active compared to consciousness, if we count as matter only dead matter and consider consciousness as that which causes life, and females tend also to be associated with passiveness.
  • Because matter is often associated with temptation, as are females (from a male, heterosexual perspective).
  • Because from a typical male's perspective, they themselves are male, and what surrounds them is "other", i.e. female.

Why would we call matter male and consciousness female?
  • Because consciousness is the canvas in which matter is perceived, as it is the male which would enter the female in standard intercourse.
  • Because males tend to have a higher sex-drive as females and are thereby more associated with that aspect of matter and seen as less pure.
  • Because males tend to be more fit for more physical activities, leaving mental/spiritual activities to females, and because males who engage in (certain) spiritual activities are often considered genderqueer in many cultures.
  • Because we may want to invert the passiveness argument above if we count only awareness itself as the consciousness part and all the rest into matter, or if we instead associate passiveness with males.
  • Because from a typical female's perspective, they themselves are female.

To summarize, there are arguments for each take on this that are worth exploring (in all the inspirations they may bring as well as in all their problematicness).